Ferguson written letter to fans

Unbelievable.....last week many on here were slagging Utd fans off for a wholly inappropriate chant at the Wigan game, in the wake of the Hillsborough report being released. Now several are slagging off Ferguson & the club for taking steps to try and ensure that Liverpool's first home fixture since that report isn't marred by the same chanting (or even worse).

Perhaps he should have just ignored last weeks chants (which came despite him making a pre match plea for fans not to sing about Liverpool) and said nothing. Presumably some on here would then call him a twat for doing nothing to try and stop it!!

I can't see how anything that may help Sunday's match pass off in a respectful atmosphere can be criticised, no matter how much you detest Utd and Ferguson.

As for the guy who saw a 96 was not enough banner being passed around Old Trafford, you need to lay off the hallucinogenic drugs now - think you've overdone 'em pal.....

JM Mcr said:
Unbelievable.....last week many on here were slagging Utd fans off for a wholly inappropriate chant at the Wigan game, in the wake of the Hillsborough report being released. Now several are slagging off Ferguson & the club for taking steps to try and ensure that Liverpool's first home fixture since that report isn't marred by the same chanting (or even worse).

Perhaps he should have just ignored last weeks chants (which came despite him making a pre match plea for fans not to sing about Liverpool) and said nothing. Presumably some on here would then call him a twat for doing nothing to try and stop it!!

I can't see how anything that may help Sunday's match pass off in a respectful atmosphere can be criticised, no matter how much you detest Utd and Ferguson.

As for the guy who saw a 96 was not enough banner being passed around Old Trafford, you need to lay off the hallucinogenic drugs now - think you've overdone 'em pal.....

But you have seen a minority of Utd fans doing 'The Airplane' surely. I couldn't believe it when I saw it for the first time. Bizarre!

I think most people's problem with this is not that the old **** has written a letter, but the double standards City fans got in the lead up to the 50th Anniversary game and the lack of respect Slur gave us after the game.
Please tell me you are not naive enough to believe that excuse about not talking to the press?

JM Mcr said:

So are you saying United have NEVER had a banner at Old T about Hillsborough?
Are the t-shirts United fanzines sell about 3 Euro Cups without killing anyone just about Heysel?
And do any of your wonderful fans have tattoos glorifying the death of 96 people?
By the way, is the song 'Always the victim, it's never your fault' only about Suarez?

Anyone see that **** Terry Christian in the Times?

"I have never heard United fans at OT singing about Hillsborough"

94th Minute said:
JM Mcr said:

Perhaps he should have just ignored last weeks chants (which came despite him making a pre match plea for fans not to sing about Liverpool) and said nothing. Presmably some on here would then call him a twat for doing nothing to try and stop it!!

But you have seen a minority of Utd fans doing 'The Airplane' surely. I couldn't believe it when I saw it for the first time. Bizarre!

I think most people's problem with this is not that the old **** has written a letter, but the double standards City fans got in the lead up to the 50th Anniversary game and the lack of respect Slur gave us after the game.
Please tell me you are not naive enough to believe that excuse about not talking to the press?
He and the club are worried that some supporters may try and tarnish Sunday's match with,inappropriate chants, asked Liverpool if there was anything they'd like Utd to do to try and help the occasion pass off without incident and are writing a letter to ask supporters to show respect to Liverpool and their fans at this time. Whatever has happened around Utd/City games in the past is irrelevant - this is Hillsborough families marking a milestone in their right for justice and anything that can be done by Utd to prevent that being ruined isn't a bad thing.

On your final point, Ferguson is a notoriously bad loser which I'm sure had ad much to do with his lack of post match comment as any pressing engagements he had.

quiet_riot said:
Anyone see that **** Terry Christian in the Times?

"I have never heard United fans at OT singing about Hillsborough"

They always were liars.

CheethamHillBlue said:
JM Mcr said:

So are you saying United have NEVER had a banner at Old T about Hillsborough?
Are the t-shirts United fanzines sell about 3 Euro Cups without killing anyone just about Heysel?
And do any of your wonderful fans have tattoos glorifying the death of 96 people?
By the way, is the song 'Always the victim, it's never your fault' only about Suarez?
1. Never

2. Yes

3. Unfortunately we've all seen ONE who does, there may well be more (wonderful fans? Like your own club we have our fair share of knobheads).

4. Obviously the fact it says always the victims indicates it's not just about one thing. That doesn't make it about Hillsborough tho, Utd fans are not the only ones who believe Liverpool and some of it's fans have a victim mentality in general. Are you really saying you've never heard a City fans refer to Liverpool as "the city of pity" or cracked a gag about lighting a candle or holding a minutes silence whenever something goes against Liverpool? As such I don't think the chant itself is too bad (Liverpool fans themselves didn't even have a problem with the chant last season) but to sing it last week, in the context of the release of the Hillsborough report was, at best, insensitive, distasteful and naive even IF some of the fans singing it weren't aware of the connotations.

I'll admit I have heard some fans singing about Hillsborough over the years (rarely inside the ground tho) and the chants are much more blatant. There's no doubting or disputing the aim of those chants, thankfully they are only sung by a minority of fans and are rarely heard. It would be great if such songs could be stamped out altogether but that's easier said than done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.