Fernandinho - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an absolutely superb game against the Rags and the media can only concentrate on why he doesnt get booked , he's a defensive midfield player who is combative and will get bookings over a season and no doubt at least one suspension , but that doesnt detract he is one of the best in the world in his position. When Mascherano , Busquets , Vieira , Keane , Scholes and others did the same they were considered clever players who broke up opposition play , Dinho is in the same mould but doesnt get the credit he deserves. Watching City over the years we have some hard midfield players , Doyle , Gow , McMahon , Barton , De Jong and a few others but Dinho is archetypal iron fist in a velvet glove and that is the reason he doesnt get booked as often as the others mentioned.

He’s highly unlikely to rack up enough yellows for a ban. He’s only been booked 3 times in 16 comidtetive games this season.
He fouls at less than 2 fouls per game over the last 5 seasons.

The media are desperate to plant this seed, blues shouldn’t be falling for it.

If someone told you Fernandinho scored 20 goals a season you’d question it wouldn’t you?
He averages less than two fouls a game, so don’t be falling for the shit you’re being sold.
Before believing, question what you’re being told.

Hope this doesn’t come across as being arsey, it’s not meant to. It just pisses me off when tired fallacies are believed.

He’s highly unlikely to rack up enough yellows for a ban. He’s only been booked 3 times in 16 comidtetive games this season.

If someone told you Fernandinho scored 20 goals a season you’d question it wouldn’t you?
He averages less than two fouls a game, so don’t be falling for the shit you’re being sold.

Hope this doesn’t come across as being arsey, it’s not meant to. It just pisses me off when tired fallacies are believed.

Gary Neville has started this again, exactly as he did before the derby last season & still some people believe he is somehow 'fair' because he compliments us sometimes.

He's not been our best player this season (David, Bernardo, Aguero and Laporte can fight that one out for me), but the fact he's even part of the debate is testament to how extraordinary he's been recently.

Considering he was viewed as the weak link in our starting eleven six months ago, and considering we were after Jorginho to replace him before Chelsea moved in, he's really stepped up a gear - at the age of 33! - and added dimensions to his to his game that I didn't think would be possible at such a late stage.

Outstanding player who has dutifully taken a backseat role while his fellow midfielders - Silva, De Bruyne and Yaya before - have all stolen the headlines over the years. Glad his twilight years are happy ones at present.
This is so on point it's scary :)

Watch him most weeks and he is clever , he is the smiling assassin , he commits more than two fouls per game ,he just gets away with a few , Dinho got 7 yellow cards last season and a three game suspension , and i cant be arsed looking at his previous seasons , but i am sure he has been suspended in previous campaigns
Yes you are arsey , inferring i believe everything that is in the media , who the fuck are you to make that presumption ? and if you make a statement that he makes on average " less than two fouls a game "(punished by the referee) , i would like to see the proof.

Watch him most weeks and he is clever , he is the smiling assassin , he commits more than two fouls per game ,he just gets away with a few , Dinho got 7 yellow cards last season and a three game suspension , and i cant be arsed looking at his previous seasons , but i am sure he has been suspended in previous campaigns
Yes you are arsey , inferring i believe everything that is in the media , who the fuck are you to make that presumption ? and if you make a statement that he makes on average " less than two fouls a game "(punished by the referee) , i would like to see the proof.

You don’t get a three game ban for 7 bookings.

He doesn’t commit more than 2 fouls a game.
Not over the course of a season anyway.
It’s not a talking point or open to opinion, it’s fact.

He simply isn’t getting ‘away’ with anything.
It’s media fiction with nothing to back it up.

If you want the proof, go on ‘who scored.com type in Fernandinho and hit the history tab. Then the defensive statistics.

1.7, 1.5, 1.2 & 1.5. Those are his fouls per game statistics for the last 4 Premier league seasons.

It seems who have just fallen for the soft media campaign against him.

Fernandinho: "I've already started playing that way of saving a little today to gain tomorrow. So every 10 or 15 minutes off now can make me have a longer career. I know the club haven't bought a player for my position, so they try to shield me as much as possible."

You don’t get a three game ban for 7 bookings.

He doesn’t commit more than 2 fouls a game.
Not over the course of a season anyway.
It’s not a talking point or open to opinion, it’s fact.

He simply isn’t getting ‘away’ with anything.
It’s media fiction with nothing to back it up.

If you want the proof, go on ‘who scored.com type in Fernandinho and hit the history tab. Then the defensive statistics.

1.7, 1.5, 1.2 & 1.5. Those are his fouls per game statistics for the last 4 Premier league seasons.

It seems who have just fallen for the soft media campaign against him.

Agree regarding the media , they twist a lot of facts , but we can all twist stats as well ,we dominate 99% of Premier league games so a more accurate measure would be when when we play better opposition in the Champs league his most recent available stat was 32 fouls in 870 minutes , 3.3 per game , (just google Fernandinho fouls Marca) ,and the other headlines stating "Fernandinho dirtiest player in the Champs League" . We both know what the media are trying to do , it doesnt mean i believe it , you just illogically presumed that.

Agree regarding the media , they twist a lot of facts , but we can all twist stats as well ,we dominate 99% of Premier league games so a more accurate measure would be when when we play better opposition in the Champs league his most recent available stat was 32 fouls in 870 minutes , 3.3 per game , (just google Fernandinho fouls Marca) ,and the other headlines stating "Fernandinho dirtiest player in the Champs League" . We both know what the media are trying to do , it doesnt mean i believe it , you just illogically presumed that.

His stats are higher slightly in the CL, but his highest ever average is 3 fouls per game.
So Marc’s are off, but they’re not a stats site. They’re the Spainish Sun.

Most players will average slightly higher in the CL as refs can be quite pathetic. I watched the first half of Valencia vs Young Boys last week, there was about 5 bookings in the first half.
Let’s not forget Fernandinho’s red card at Monchengladbach. Truly pathetic officiating.

Fernandinho is now subject to a media scrutiny, currently it is slightly high brow, Neville etc, soon it will be back page of the Sun.

City fans should not be buying it.

His stats are higher slightly in the CL, but his highest ever average is 3 fouls per game.
So Marc’s are off, but they’re not a stats site. They’re the Spainish Sun.

Most players will average slightly higher in the CL as refs can be quite pathetic. I watched the first half of Valencia vs Young Boys last week, there was about 5 bookings in the first half.
Let’s not forget Fernandinho’s red card at Monchengladbach. Truly pathetic officiating.

Fernandinho is now subject to a media scrutiny, currently it is slightly high brow, Neville etc, soon it will be back page of the Sun.

City fans should not be buying it.

Dinho's Champs league stats are widely available not just in the "Spanish Sun" , not sure where any City fan on here has been "buying into it" the negativity has been brought to our attention with the media headlines , why would a CIty fan believe the media when we watch him every week ?, and his Champs league stats only differ because we do not always dominate those games.
Three fouls a game for a defensive midfield is nothing , Gerry Gow could concede three fouls in a minute !
Anything Dinho does on the field now will be highlighted and referees will also be on alert , after recent weeks we know its all part of the media agenda to promote negativity with regards our club , supporting one if the best clubs in europe comes with a price , pure unadulterated jealousy from others.
We appear to be on the same page schfc , apart form the fact you think our fans are gullible enough to believe the headlines , which i find strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.