Fernandinho - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really.

It really is.

I'm often baffled by comments from some on here because they don't tally up with what I've witnessed so I check stats, I saw City dominate possesion last night which meant Fernandinho played the vast majority of that game in midfield, I've checked the stats, specifically heat maps and lo and behold....

Didn't think he was at the races today. Leaving aside the penalty, he seemed uncomfortable in that position (when he's looked imperious there before), seemed slow into tackles and a bit ponderous. Passing was hit and miss, some lovely balls but then sometimes later on he was hitting long balls up to Aguero in the box surrounded by 5 defenders.

Hopefully it's just a one off but he's out for the second leg which isn't ideal.

I think against Arsenal it worked because they vacated that space between their front players and midfield. Schalke just simply packed the midfield leaving no gaps for him to step into. He simply added another body to the congestion.

It really is.

I'm often baffled by comments from some on here because they don't tally up with what I've witnessed so I check stats, I saw City dominate possesion last night which meant Fernandinho played the vast majority of that game in midfield, I've checked the stats, specifically heat maps and lo and behold....
He was mainly employed as a centrehalf,his role as a midfielder was sporadic and stifled due to a cramped midfield.He most definitely wasnt afforded the opportunity to play his best/natural game.

Hence my first comment,which for some odd reason you want to try and be a smart arse with.

He was mainly employed as a centrehalf,his role as a midfielder was sporadic and stifled due to a cramped midfield.He most definitely wasnt afforded the opportunity to play his best/natural game.

Hence my first comment,which for some odd reason you want to try and be a smart arse with.

Not trying to be a smart arse at all, just commenting on what I saw, that was Fernandinho playing the vast majority of the game in midfield and sporadically at centre back on the rare occasion Schalke made a foray into our half.

Not trying to be a smart arse at all, just commenting on what I saw, that was Fernandinho playing the vast majority of the game in midfield and sporadically at centre back on the rare occasion Schalke made a foray into our half.

He couldn't play his natural game,the space and positions he usually takes up/dominates just weren't available to him.Others simply can't do his job,his shift of position hugely affected our rhythm and our game.

He couldn't play his natural game,the space and positions he usually takes up/dominates just weren't available to him.Others simply can't do his job,his shift of position hugely affected our rhythm and our game.

I agree that the tactics didn't suit last night but find it hilarious that Fernandinho is afforded the congestion excuse and others aren't.

I agree that the tactics didn't suit last night but find it hilarious that Fernandinho is afforded the congestion excuse and others aren't.
Because he has proved himself consistently,he never hides......and besides,no excuse was needed last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.