Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
fernandinho: “I thank god - he gave me a body for it [a long career]. I have to take care of myself, but the staff help take care of us. We have a really good team behind the scenes - this helps us a lot. We prepare first the mind, then the body and then just go...”

“I always say I will play until my mind allows me. If I am happy and motivated to train every day fresh, I will play, but I don’t want to say I will be 37, 38… we will see.” [via @ManCity]

His positioning is his glaring weakness as a CB and when he is in a good position he's too easily sucked in to try to make a tackle. That when coupled with Mendy always further up the pitch than the rest of the defence makes that side easy to exploit.

Pep Guardiola on @fernandinho at centre-back: "He was incredible in Anfield, he was incredible [against Chelsea]. He can play there. He is so fast and our build-up is perfect. He has the quality to make the play in that position in front..."

"If Rodri and Gundogan are fit, I don't think [he will go back into midfield]. I like Fernandinho in that position, with the problems that we have. I like it." [via @goal]

Sigh

Fernandinho has started 13 of the last 15 matches played starting from Shakhtar away, playing 90 minutes in all of them.

I understand he’s learning the CB position but he’s 34 ffs, needs a rest, otherwise the inevitable injury is coming.

Remember last season when he filled in a couple of times at CB and he moved in to the pivot when we had the ball? Doesn't do that this season. Same as how our fullbacks no longer push inside.

Fernandinho has started 13 of the last 15 matches played starting from Shakhtar away, playing 90 minutes in all of them.

I understand he’s learning the CB position but he’s 34 ffs, needs a rest, otherwise the inevitable injury is coming.
playing cb is no where near as physically demanding as the role he plays in cm so he wont need as much rest especially as it looks like pep plans on keeping him at cb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.