Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s still first choice for me.

Rodri has proved nothing. He’s never played in the Prem and never played in a Pep team.

Fernandinho was still one of our most important players last season. It was noticeable when he wasn’t there!

In the Chelsea away defeat got injured in the first half and played on and played against Everton injured too and then missed the two defeats in a row.

He didn’t play the following games:
Missed the Palace home defeat
Missed the Leicester away defeat
Missed the struggle against West Ham
Missed the struggle at Bournemouth
Missed the struggle at Burnley
Missed the struggle against Leicester

The only game he played in that City didn’t play well was against Newcastle away.

Until Fernandinho shows signs of slowing down, which he hasn’t, he’s #1. Rodri is the long term signing.

We’re so fortunate as fans of a club this well run. Fernandinho has to go down as one of the best to play in the prem. Heartbeat of the team. Remember when he dragged mahrez by the scruff of the neck for not tracking back and he had to pick up a yellow hahaha.

Honestly, we have too many legends. Glad he now has support in Rodri and can continue being a leader to our young boys to lift trophies.

As long as whatever injury he’s carrying at the moment isn’t serious I’m all for it. Definitely seems like he would have an additional twelve months in him and a great guy to have in the squad for the younger players even if not. Plus, it’s unlikely we’d buy anyone of note anyway given we just brought Rodri in and it could be a good opportunity for guys like Douglas Luiz or even a Tommy Doyle type to break into the squad if Ferna can’t play much in his last year.

@fernandinho: "We [himself and Pep Guardiola] had a conversation last year and I probably should be used [as a centre-back] in some games. I need to train more to adapt well to this position, but the style of play we play helps a lot."

Fernandinho: "You open a range of options for the coach, this is very important. Sometimes he wants to set the team up in some way, and can't because of a suspension or injury. If you have a player who can do two or three roles, that makes it easier..."

We will so miss him when he leaves

Seeing the great man Ferna gives you a sweeping sense of calm.

It's all gonna be alright.

Pep Guardiola on Fernandinho: “Kompany is not here anymore and we didn’t buy a central defender. Fernandinho will play games, maybe more than we expect, as a central defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.