Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we play with 2 def mids? we are not the dippers
It'd free Kev up a lot more. And they wouldn't be pure DMs, Fernandinho's no slouch in attack and Rodri's got excellent ball-playing ability. This isn't playing 3 Brexit midfielders kicking lumps out the opposition and hoofing it to the wingers.

Besides, we've looked vulnerable in some games (United 3-2, Liverpool CL, Spurs CL 2nd leg), why not at least try it out and see if it's an option?

It'd free Kev up a lot more. And they wouldn't be pure DMs, Fernandinho's no slouch in attack and Rodri's got excellent ball-playing ability. This isn't playing 3 Brexit midfielders kicking lumps out the opposition and hoofing it to the wingers.

Besides, we've looked vulnerable in some games (United 3-2, Liverpool CL, Spurs CL 2nd leg), why not at least try it out and see if it's an option?
Because we have a whole host of other players that are better suited than dinho in attack,rags 3-2 we all went to sleep thinking we had the game won,Spurs was a cluster fuck from the defence,i'm not sure we need to play both of them ever,we are not going to change the balance of the team and go defensive,the one time we did spurs away in the cl it blunted usand caused confusion in the players

I think Rodri is far better at creating forward momentum at 6 than Gundogan & Fernandinho, before he came to City, was a better alround centre mid. Whether he is too old now or too programmed into being a def mid, I don't know, but he's fitter than Gundo or DS, for sure.

We signed him as a player who got forward & beat players & created stuff, he just happened to be good at stopping people & then had to play def mid because we had a big fucking hole there. He & Rodri could be fantastic at recycling the ball in the opponent's half.

I doubt we'll see it though.

I’ve actually thought it might be something that Pep would consider against Littlewoods and the latter stages of the Champions' League.

As you say, both Dinho and Dave are very good passers and the two of them together would add more defensive security while contributing to the attack as well.

Ederson

Otamendi
Stones
Laporte

Cancelo
Mendy

Dinho
Rodri
KdB

Two of Agüero/Jesus/Sané/B. Silva/Sterling .

not sure there'd be many games where Pep would want to risk all 3 CBs, plus Fernandinho being able to move from 5 to 4 at the back offers many more options and makes room for another creative spark in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.