#25 | Fernandinho - 2020/2021 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was good. Gave the ball away a fair bit but did a very good job plugging holes. Solid 7/10 performance from him
I thought I was the only one who noticed. But this is par for the course for beloved players. Excessive praise for decent performance. He was good, Some mistakes, and some good plays. Perhaps it was the short prep but he like many was gassed in the 2nd half.

I still contend that our back 4 was predominantly protected by Gabby and Foden. Who's hustle just made getting out of the back difficult for the Wolves.

In the 2bd half when the front line pressure waned, Wolves ran through our midfield. Pressure needs to start at the top.

Maybe it's all in my head but he looked back to his more skinny self. Last season it appeared like he bulked up abit to play CB and then when he played at Soton he looked too heavy to play DM

I thought I was the only one who noticed. But this is par for the course for beloved players. Excessive praise for decent performance. He was good, Some mistakes, and some good plays. Perhaps it was the short prep but he like many was gassed in the 2nd half.

I still contend that our back 4 was predominantly protected by Gabby and Foden. Who's hustle just made getting out of the back difficult for the Wolves.

In the 2bd half when the front line pressure waned, Wolves ran through our midfield. Pressure needs to start at the top.

Agree with this. Good performance, but he and others fell back into giving the ball away which along with a resolute performance from Marriner brought Wolves back in the game.

Foden's pressing and energy was absolutely ridiculous.

Haven't seen any numbers, but wouldn't be shocked if he had the highest distance covered.

There was a moment where Walker was caught up the pitch with a bad tackle, and Foden sprinted like half the pitch back to recover the ball and remake our defensive formation and let Walker get back in.

You don't see that from Mahrez, and Bernardo is too slow to make those runs back in time.

This to me is why Foden might be the starting RW for me. That right side of him, Walker and Dinho is locked up, nobody is getting by that.

Foden's pressing and energy was absolutely ridiculous.

Haven't seen any numbers, but wouldn't be shocked if he had the highest distance covered.

There was a moment where Walker was caught up the pitch with a bad tackle, and Foden sprinted like half the pitch back to recover the ball and remake our defensive formation and let Walker get back in.

You don't see that from Mahrez, and Bernardo is too slow to make those runs back in time.

This to me is why Foden might be the starting RW for me. That right side of him, Walker and Dinho is locked up, nobody is getting by that.
I commented about that moment in the game thread. Foden single handedly stopped a counter on share effort. Him and Gabby are on a different planet when it comes to hustling.

Good to see him in midfield, thought he did a good job.

Always like to see the players get praised, but must say, I felt like yesterday he gave the kind of performance gundogan gives us consistently and yet he gets slated for it.

When Dihno is shit, his thread never moves. I see Rodri is being focused on instead. Lol

The poor passes from Wolves continued. His speed suggests his 35. And the ease with which Mendy beat him to start the move for the first goal say it all.

It's beginning to look like he has stayed a year too long :(

When Dihno is shit, his thread never moves. I see Rodri is being focused on instead. Lol

The poor passes from Wolves continued. His speed suggests his 35. And the ease with which Mendy beat him to start the move for the first goal say it all.

Glad someone else noticed. His passing has been absolutely shocking these last two games. About 50% of his attempted forward passes are straight to the opposition.

Hope to god he is out of the team once the injuries are sorted out.

Fern is 35 and has earned the right to slow down and not quite be the level he used to be at. Father Time catches up with us all.

Rodri on the other hand has nothing in the bank at this club and never will because he is fucking shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.