#25 | Fernandinho - 2020/2021 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much his very little game time is Pep keeping him in reserve for the end of the season or is it just that at 35 he can only play at a decent level with 10 days between games or so.

I hope it's the former, he could be a really potent weapon used sparingly in big games like the derby, Anfield, CL away games.
People like to ignore that when others say he has declined a bit with age.

If he was playing as frequent as he was a few seasons ago, I dont think this energy would last, Pep knows this, and is using him sparingly, when he is most needed.

Pep Guardiola on Fernandinho's leadership: "Before the game, half-time, not just talking with players but in football matters, life, how they train every day. He's the first to prove and that's why he went to Old Trafford, played as the only holding midfielder..."

Pep Guardiola: "...against Pogba and Bruno Fernandes and played an exceptional game. He made a step forward and I'm really impressed

Pep Guardiola: "He [
@Fernandinho
] is leading us in an exceptional way. In good moments, but especially bad moments. I am delighted with what Fernandinho has done, every season but especially this season as captain

Pep Guardiola on Fernandinho's contract: "With the players in this part of the season, everything is open, like if we don't get results we will be sacked. We have to win our positions every day but I am more than impressed and surprised about his role

Proved on Wednesday night at the swamp that he absolutely merits a contract extension. Not sure how old he is, 35 maybe? but could have passed for his shirt number age in the scum game

Last edited:
Proved on Wednesday night at the swamp that he absolutely merits a contract extension. Not sure how old he is, 35 maybe? but could have passed for his shirt number age in the scum game
He's 36 on 4th May.
Coincides with the 2nd leg of the Champions League semi-final when he captains us to a Champions League final for the 1st time :)

when we were getting caught on the counter then he looked his age, however with this new way we are playing he looked as fresh as a daisy , and imo warrants an extension to his contract, i would offer him 1 year plus a guarantee of another after playing so many games.

he really is world class

when we were getting caught on the counter then he looked his age, however with this new way we are playing he looked as fresh as a daisy , and imo warrants an extension to his contract, i would offer him 1 year plus a guarantee of another after playing so many games.

he really is world class
As much as all of our players are undervalued by the redscumdipper media, surely Fern is the most undervalued of the lot. All they can ever muster about him are the words tactical fouler. As you say, world class player, also a world class human being

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.