#25 | Fernandinho - 2020/2021 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His total understanding of the game is such an asset. Watch how many times a player closing him down goes completely the wrong way. His defensive attributes are immense, but I'd say he's also one of the best playmakers in the league

In midfield he is like jimmy Anderson, gets better with age. What a player, with cb sorted, giving him one year contract extension would be a no brainer

I like that comparison. A lot of people wrote him off years ago saying he was nearly finished without any evidence of this being the case. Maybe the correct way of putting it is everyone saw his age and thought he needed to be replaced as a rapid decline was on the horizon, but he’s still a world class footballer playing at the top off his game. Very similar story to Anderson.

He was played into the ground a few years back, and needed a long rest he never got. Didnt deserve the season at cb, but made a good effort at it. So it's no suprise to me that he can turn in still turn in great performances as a backup - he's a world class all rounder and perfect team player.

There aren't enough words to describe how incredible he is. His ability on the ball is sensational. He knows where to be and when and he knows when to trip someone or put a foot in or pretend to fall over and drag someone down with him. That ball he ran onto and pinged out to Mahrez. Wow. And several times he looked trapped but played a great ball through the lines.

Rodri has pushed on this season undoubtedly but he'll have watched that and seen all of that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.