#25 | Fernandinho - 2020/2021 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In managed minutes, well spaced out he looks great. But, I can guarantee be you an injury to Rodri and Dihno has to play 2ice a week? We'd quickly find out what playing at 35 looks like.

I think Pep has done a phenomenal job using him in spots, and we've been quite lucky with injuries this season in that position. So managing his minutes has been easy.

I suppose if Rodri picked up an injury, Pep would probably just go with Gundogan and keep Dihno at spot duty.

Personally, I'd rather start grooming his replacement now.

Lavia in the youth squad has the talent. The young lad can read danger as well. If Fernandinho really became a coach, hope he’d start at City. It’ll be nice for Lavia to learn the ‘art of fouling and getting away with it’ :)

He’s not left City yet and I’m saddened by his potential goodbye. It’ll be interesting to see how things pan out in the summer.

I would keep him for another year just for his experience and personality within the squad especially with Sergio now leaving. I said the same last season when Silva left and there was a debate about keeping Fern for another year.

I imagine we will offer him a year but it’s whether he has better offers and wants to try something new instead of being a back up. A side like Arsenal should be all over him.

I would keep him for another year just for his experience and personality within the squad especially with Sergio now leaving. I said the same last season when Silva left and there was a debate about keeping Fern for another year.

I imagine we will offer him a year but it’s whether he has better offers and wants to try something new instead of being a back up. A side like Arsenal should be all over him.
Only so many fires the fella could put out on his own in a game. Don’t send him naked into an inferno.

He was our best player until he went into defence.
From then on it was a reminder of last season where that lack of pace and uncertainty at the back came into play.

He's too slow to commit tactical fouls in premier league matches. As the only exprienced backup holding midfielder, he would be a huge weakness when substituting Rodri in important matches.

Was having a stormer until pep decided to put him into central defence.

He played well in his natural position but was caught walking while his man scored their first and was also jogging back for their second when they really needed him to cover. He’s not a player I would want to have a go at and I have liked seeing him play more recently but he had a role in both goals today. Not his fault per se but you’d have liked him to have done more in both instances

Looked great going forward and very poor going backwards.

Perhaps time to accept that playing him and Rodri together helps cover Fernadinho's weaknesses as much as Rodri's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.