#25 | Fernandinho - 2020/2021 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very useful player to bring on and close a game out like last Saturday. Big loss if he’s out for a few months as we’re hardly stacked in central midfield.
Incredibly suspect in a number of areas despite getting in some players who could hold their own and given injuries to players are getting more game time than otherwise would be especially Ake albeit he was missing tonight through injury.

Why we didn't get another striker and a DM and left back at the start of this season I don't know maybe the club thinks what we have can see us through this season but with Covid , a compressed season , a shortened off season and unlikely to get past one week of games without more injuries Pep will be forced to play young players that wouldn't get game time if we had the full quota of 25 players.

Jesus, Ake, KDB , Laporte , Kun , Zinckenko , Stones , Gundy and Cancelo have all been unavailable for games this year and now Ferny and we are only 4 games into the season.

As I said in the post Match thread, hindsight is a wonderful thing, Pep couldn’t have known he was going to pull a muscle but I questioned the sub when it was made, it wasn’t necessary, he’s got limited shelf life now unfortunately and every time we send him on the pitch that dwindles we have to use him only when he’s needed we had numerous other options when the game was won. Hopefully it’s not too bad even a few weeks out means a lot of missed games, were already at least 1 short in midfield arguably two and were using midfielders out wide often so the strain is going to be heavy in the coming months.

Pep Guardiola on replacing Fernandinho: "A leader can be on and off the pitch. Except for 90 minutes, we spend a lot of time [together]. He can help in other ways. It looks like he will be out shorter than one month so it is good. He is tough

We honestly miss this lad at his best in his prime more than we do David Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.