Fernandinho signs one year contract extension (Pg 91)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a suspicion that he will be offered a new deal. Why? Well if there wasn't intent on giving him a deal why wasn't it announced at the time of Sergio's departure - which was justified "as allowing him to sort out his next move".

I have a suspicion that he will be offered a new deal. Why? Well if there wasn't intent on giving him a deal why wasn't it announced at the time of Sergio's departure - which was justified "as allowing him to sort out his next move".
I have no clue what's going to happen with Dinho but an announcement, or lack thereof, means nothing. He could already know. They annonced Sergio's departure right after telling him privately to prevent leaks/quickly put an end to the speculation which was beginning to turn into a bit of a toxic narrative. That sort of media narrative won't surround Dinho. He could be doing a Vinny and wanting to wait for the season to end before announcing it for all we know

Last edited:
There’s a lot of talk building about this kid Lavia in the EDS, who plays DM and looks to be a special talent.

He’s still only 17, so clearly not ready yet, but if we buy another DM this summer the kid will surely leave as there’s no path to the first team for him.

Another year of Ferna could be ideal to give the kid the chance to mature and see whether he’s the real deal before bringing another in.

On the strength of his performances this season, Ferna definitely looks like he’s got another year in him.
This lad looks very special. Not seen a lad as comfortable on the ball in that position at that age.

Could be as simple as Sergio knowing where he's going next and Dinho being undecided.

i think it’s also been mentioned that dinho wants more games? Especially at this point in his career and Rodri is now the number 1 in the DM position.
Ah, well if that is the case, unfortunately, nobody gets games guaranteed here and so it now becomes on him to sign or not sign, I thought I had read that he wanted a two-year deal and we were only offering him a one year deal.

It will be a huge loss, though I like Rodri he isn't Fernie at the end of the day.

Ah, well if that is the case, unfortunately, nobody gets games guaranteed here and so it now becomes on him to sign or not sign, I thought I had read that he wanted a two-year deal and we were only offering him a one year deal.

It will be a huge loss, though I like Rodri he isn't Fernie at the end of the day.

rodri was never bought to be Fernandinho 2.0 though? I think it was the way pep knew that he had to evolve the team and Rodri was taller for set pieces and had the passing range that pep wanted? There is no Fernandinho 2.0 around and we have been blessed to have him but Rodri was brought in to start a change over

rodri was never bought to be Fernandinho 2.0 though? I think it was the way pep knew that he had to evolve the team and Rodri was taller for set pieces and had the passing range that pep wanted? There is no Fernandinho 2.0 around and we have been blessed to have him but Rodri was brought in to start a change over
Rodri may be taller but I reckon Ferny wins more headers ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.