Fernandinho signs one year contract extension (Pg 91)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news regarding Fern.

I wish those still bleating about the CL final would do it in a more appropriate thread. Maybe one called ‘I can’t let it go And must call out the most successful manager in Our history as an egotistical fuckwit’.

Great news regarding Fern.

I wish those still bleating about the CL final would do it in a more appropriate thread. Maybe one called ‘I can’t let it go And must call out the most successful manager in Our history as an egotistical fuckwit’.
RE Fern - glad we signed him too.

RE C/L final - Pep is an experimentalist. Often making radical new changes. This is part of what makes him so great.

At the same time - we had a proven, massively effective, best lineup going into the C/L featuring a DM - currently Fernandinho was in favor.

Why did Pep depart from this lineup? Who knows? Should it have worked, he'd be touted as a genius.

For me, I'm disappointed in Pep. Innovation in a league-long campaign - for sure. Do whatever. Maybe it works, maybe not.

But in a one-off game, lose and you're out - go with tried and true - unless there isn't a tried and true. And especially if the one-off game is for the most coveted trophy - at least by our management - and by some City fans. Don't fuck with what is already working!!!

For me, I don't get why Pep tinkered with our lineup in a one-off, trophy winning, massively important game. Just go with what has worked for God's sake, IMO.

OTOH - I'm not Pep. I've not won anything as manager. He'll I've never managed any football side. I've no business questioning Pep based on my credentials.
===
Anyhow, I love Pep as our manager - long may he stay. Hopefully he'll take the C/L loss as a lesson - don't fuck with a working formula in a knockout game.

Well you can’t prove the counter factual, but not starting him didn’t go very well did it. Hands down still the best striker at the club.

We needed a strong DM and our best goal scorer on the pitch that night.

There is no match when Sergio or Ferna wouldn’t be in the starting XI if you were picking the best XI from the entire squad. They are two of the best we had. It’s a simple as that and the defeat showed what a fuck up it was to pick inferior players

dont dispute he was the best striker at the club.

but the way the team played all season without him, he wasn't needed and we should of played the same team and formation

so what's the post-Fern plan?

I thought he had a good season last season, but it is self-evident that even this bionic hero cant go on forever, and i actually thought his performances were generally good last season, but scattered with slightly erratic ones.

Are we going to attempt to replace like for like or see Rodri and Gundo rotated in one holding spot? i would have thought we would have bought a very promising young Fern-like player (unless we have one?) to learn the ropes, ready for 22/23 or even some game time this season.

I thought he had a good season last season, but it is self-evident that even this bionic hero cant go on forever, and i actually thought his performances were generally good last season, but scattered with slightly erratic ones.

Are we going to attempt to replace like for like or see Rodri and Gundo rotated in one holding spot? i would have thought we would have bought a very promising young Fern-like player (unless we have one?) to learn the ropes, ready for 22/23 or even some game time this season.
Pep’s probably planning to have Grealish and Kane as a double pivot.

Fortunately it looks like the transition from Fernandinho being a starter to not being a starter has passed mostly, so whilst replacing him will be an extraordinarily tough task, we're not under too much pressure to get it perfect immediately.

Lavia is apparently a great academy talent, and we've been linked with Bissouma.

I'd rather it not be Rodri and Gundogan as the options. I really rate them both but I find them too similar in the DM role, and I like variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.