Fernandinho needs to go back into midfield

MCFC1993

Not solely about this game, just an observation on the season so far.

I thought Rodri was excellent vs Burnley but he's still settling in and we miss the athleticism and defensive nous of Fern in there, which then gives players like De Bruyne a springboard to work off.

I know we have injuries but I'd put Eric Garcia at the back if it meant we could get Fern into midfield.

I know we have other issues but that is one of my biggest takeaways so far.

I would be happy to see Dinho back in midfield and Rodri dropping into the back 4 for a while.

Never gone against Pep but I think he's wrong on this one, the defence needs protecting and even if we do that by holding the ball he's still the best man for the job.

We will never know because Pep wont put him back there. For all we know we could be just as exposed with Fern there or he might not be able to do it at 34

Fernandinho is coming to the end of his City career and Rodri needs to get used to playing the number six role in this team. We need to get him acclimatised as soon as possible so we can see the benefits next season. Given that the title is already gone, I don't see the point in delaying that transition.

Can't really blame Pep for picking the near same eleven as midweek but Fernandinho should have played centre-mid from the start of the season.

The signing of Rodri is an example of where a player can make your team weaker if you feel compelled to play him above a guy who's been the best centre-mid of the past 5-6 years in the league.

That's why I don't wank myself on in the transfer forum about signing all these potential players like a 12 year old boy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.