Fernando - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, if people don't think he's good enough or clever enough then fair play, but this is just not fair.

He topped Citys pass completion stats last season with 89.6%.

Now we can say he passes sideways, he isn't positionally aware or whatever people want to slag him for if they are being serious about evaluating him, but we can't say that the bloke with the best pass completion rate at the club, has a 2nd touch which is a tackle.
Joe Hart had 100% pass completion last night, do we think his first touch and close control is immaculate too?

You can pull a stat out of the bag to prove or disprove anything. His first touch and close control is no where near good enough to play in a Pep midfield. He's a more than adequate back up to come on as a stopper when needed, I just can't see him extending his contract with Pep as manager.

You can pull a stat out of the bag to prove or disprove anything. His first touch and close control is no where near good enough to play in a Pep midfield. He's a more than adequate back up to come on as a stopper when needed, I just can't see him extending his contract with Pep as manager.

I never mentioned a Pep midfield I mentioned the unfairness of the claim that 'his 2nd touch is a tackle' which it clearly isn't.

He'll be gone next season. But that doesn't mean people have to make out he's a lot worse than he actually is.

I never mentioned a Pep midfield I mentioned the unfairness of the claim that 'his 2nd touch is a tackle' which it clearly isn't.

He'll be gone next season. But that doesn't mean people have to make out he's a lot worse than he actually is.
Maybe he just got lucky and a lot of those first touches bounced off him and found a team mate ;)

I see we have another scapegoat now nasri,bony look out of the door and kolarov has turned things around! Never seen him give less than 100% and I'm sure he will continue too also he will play in a 3 which will not leave him exposed!
No.

He's just a poor player. No scapegoating, just calling a spade a spade.

Fernando was poor last night. Irregardless of it being a meaningless game, his short comings were very evident. The ball always seemed to be half a yard too quick for him (I know that makes little sense), he was slow getting the ball under control despite being under little pressure and he gave the ball away in fairly dangerous areas with really bad passing. He quite clearly isn't good enough to play an important role in our team and never has been. There's no shame in that, and we can get away with him being a stand in in a game like last night or even in a PL fixture against mediocre opposition. But what happens if he has to play against a stronger side in a make or break game? It will cost us. He's not really a bad player but he's not close to the level required and the same probably goes for Delph and Navas. Reputationally (not even a word) they are fine squad players but I don't think either really possess the sort of attributes that make them suitable for his kind of fluid system.

Fernando is a fine player who does not fit a possession-oriented style of play. I expect that he'll be sold soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.