Fernando - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a defensive midfielder. He defends, he does not create. Pep knows this.

What does that have to do with anything? Kante is a defensive midfielder but dominates most weeks and against far better opposition that Fernando was up against yesterday. Yaya has been playing deep since coming back into the side and has been MOM a number of times. There's always an excuse where this joker is concerned.

The one thing Pep knows is that this fella is no good hence him playing about 5 mins of Premier League football in the past 2 months.

He's not good enough. He has the odd game where he's adequate, and makes a few tackles, but I don't think anyone will be bothered or even notice much when he leaves in the summer. Pretty much sums him up for me.

What does that have to do with anything? Kante is a defensive midfielder but dominates most weeks and against far better opposition that Fernando was up against yesterday. Yaya has been playing deep since coming back into the side and has been MOM a number of times. There's always an excuse where this joker is concerned.

The one thing Pep knows is that this fella is no good hence him playing about 5 mins of Premier League football in the past 2 months.
Exactly. If this guy is still here next season then I don't know what to say. Nowhere near good enough for City, even as a backup.

Can't believe we have been wasting cash on players like Fernando, Mangala and Bony..

Exactly. If this guy is still here next season then I don't know what to say. Nowhere near good enough for City, even as a backup.

Can't believe we have been wasting cash on players like Fernando, Mangala and Bony..

Buying players and them turning out to be poor is unfortunately part and parcel of the game. I can accept this. What I cannot get my head round is the continued defence of players who are clearly not up to it. Fernando is absolute shite.

Fernando imho has never been an upgrade to Garcia in his last 5-6 months at the club. He's no more than a squadplayer, sometimes with a few decent performances, but that is pretty much all there is. Definitely a player that won't be missed when gone as we have several better uptions now and probably next season as well.

Much like Navas, seems to be a very good pro, does everything right. Doesn't make a fuss & gets on with his job. Sadly like Navas he's incredibly limited.
He's a decent bordering on good spoiler, but that's about as far as it goes.
Yesterday his remit was simple, drop in and receive the ball from the defenders or Bravo, turn and advance the play. Sadly more often than not he just played it back the way it came. Not advancing us and adding more pressure.

He doesn't seem to be able to turn and pass at the same time. He can pass or turn not both.
His work rate and positioning are excellent but his ability on the ball and speed of thought and imagination are too limited for City.
Give him a job at the base of a three with pure spoiling in mind and he'd be a good PL player.
Sadly City need more than that.

Limited player but no point having a go at him for it,both mp and pep play him,i wont have any bad feelings about him when he leave,him and navas are what they are,cheap and squad players

Imo he's a good defensive midfielder but not a Guardiola kind of player. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sold to a Serie A top club for example as he's a good ballwinner and decent on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.