Fernando - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. If this guy is still here next season then I don't know what to say. Nowhere near good enough for City, even as a backup.

Can't believe we have been wasting cash on players like Fernando, Mangala and Bony..

It isn't the wasted cash that bothers me but the fact that Pep still wastes fucking game time minutes on him, please put Garcia on instead and the same applies for any minutes considered for Delph, while he isn't dog shit his time has been and gone and his constant injury problems have ruined his time here.

These are the minutes that give youth players experience and desire to get more, train harder to achieve this and over the course of a season we may just may end up with 2 or 3 young lads who genuinely deserve a squad place and a shot of the first team.

Since the takeover, this guy is genuinely one of the worst players we have had. Every minute he has on the field must be a kick in the bollocks for the likes of Aleix Garcia.

Since the takeover, this guy is genuinely one of the worst players we have had. Every minute he has on the field must be a kick in the bollocks for the likes of Aleix Garcia.

Let's be honest, García's performances overall this season have been alright. Nowhere near the level he can be. Great against Swansea, decent against United, comfortable against Huddersfield and below average against Middlesbrough. He needs to be doing more if the club want to justify dropping senior players, that's just how it is.
García hasn't done enough when he has been given gametime to show that he's worth a regular place over two highly paid, experienced professionals. Comparing Fernando to García is like saying we should play Maffeo over Kolarov just because both come under the category 'defenders' anyway. Both do different jobs.

Fernando is an excellent defender, and our defensive record with him on the pitch speaks for itself. You talk as if he's holding a gun to Pep's head saying "play me" and refusing to improve his passing. It's a case of square peg into round hole, no matter how hard the peg is trying to become round. It just won't fit.

However, every team has one of these players who are expected to defend, usually off the bench. Even Pep has recognised the need for one in the squad. Fernando is better than Fellaini or Elneny.

As a sidenote, one of the worst players since the takeover? He doesn't even make the top thirty.

Let's be honest, García's performances overall this season have been alright. Nowhere near the level he can be. Great against Swansea, decent against United, comfortable against Huddersfield and below average against Middlesbrough. He needs to be doing more if the club want to justify dropping senior players, that's just how it is.
García hasn't done enough when he has been given gametime to show that he's worth a regular place over two highly paid, experienced professionals. Comparing Fernando to García is like saying we should play Maffeo over Kolarov just because both come under the category 'defenders' anyway. Both do different jobs.

Fernando is an excellent defender, and our defensive record with him on the pitch speaks for itself. You talk as if he's holding a gun to Pep's head saying "play me" and refusing to improve his passing. It's a case of square peg into round hole, no matter how hard the peg is trying to become round. It just won't fit.

However, every team has one of these players who are expected to defend, usually off the bench. Even Pep has recognised the need for one in the squad. Fernando is better than Fellaini or Elneny.

As a sidenote, one of the worst players since the takeover? He doesn't even make the top thirty.

Good analysis.

The strange thing about Fernando is how he almost only seems to be used in the one role: holding midfielder. I think there was one occasion where he was played at right back, but every other time it was there. I've often wondered if he could not have been used in the centre of defence when we were down to the bones, but evidently not. If we sign better players this summer, I just cannot see how he's going to get any more minutes on the park.

Good analysis.

The strange thing about Fernando is how he almost only seems to be used in the one role: holding midfielder. I think there was one occasion where he was played at right back, but every other time it was there. I've often wondered if he could not have been used in the centre of defence when we were down to the bones, but evidently not. If we sign better players this summer, I just cannot see how he's going to get any more minutes on the park.

I'd like him to leave in the summer so he can go and be a regular first-team player somewhere else, but I wish him luck wherever he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.