Ferran Soriano Interview

Mhm. Nice interview.

But I hold Soriano responsible for joining the Super League not that long ago. And no, I haven’t forgotten but I have moved on.
He has said more things in the past that made me realise he is their for the business of the CFG, not so much for the fans.

But hey, that’s my view.
I took away from the interview that CFG is the business and City is just the shiniest part of that. And I have no problem with that. This is a great model for sustainability that we could only have dreamed of decades back.

I also took away that fans in England are a tiny percentage of the customers. I also have no problem with that.

It bugs me when people say that the game (any sport) belongs to the fans. This is made up fantasy imo that is akin to Liverpool and united saying that they are football royalty and the only ones with "history". The game is about the players on the pitch and off it IMO.

We as fans just enjoy the show - in person or from afar. Once the CFG understand that the fans are part of the product that creates the entertainment then I'm happy and I believe that they do.

It is strange that Soriano seems to give plenty of interviews to foreign media (as does Khaldoon) but no one in the English press shows any interest. These are the two leaders of the most successful football club in England and yet no one from the UK media talks to them. Is it incompetence or malice?
I think they don’t want to be put in there place and we don’t want to piss then off or end up having to go legal etc can you imagine Khaldoon talking FFP with Simon Jordan he would say we are state owned and all our sponsors are related parties etc and then we would prove him wrong in great detail and he would either start a fight run off or say well if you believe that Why have you not taken legal action etc etc

Mhm. Nice interview.

But I hold Soriano responsible for joining the Super League not that long ago. And no, I haven’t forgotten but I have moved on.
He has said more things in the past that made me realise he is their for the business of the CFG, not so much for the fans.

But hey, that’s my view.

Khaldoon made the decision.

It is strange that Soriano seems to give plenty of interviews to foreign media (as does Khaldoon) but no one in the English press shows any interest. These are the two leaders of the most successful football club in England and yet no one from the UK media talks to them. Is it incompetence or malice?
Publicity, networking. He says himself 90 percent of the premier league audience is non domestic.

I think they don’t want to be put in there place and we don’t want to piss then off or end up having to go legal etc can you imagine Khaldoon talking FFP with Simon Jordan he would say we are state owned and all our sponsors are related parties etc and then we would prove him wrong in great detail and he would either start a fight run off or say well if you believe that Why have you not taken legal action etc etc
Khaldoon and Soriano are expert operators and more than capable of handling the UK media. They are a class act and we should hear more from them in public. That was a superb interview and he didn't duck any questions. It deserves a wider audience.

I took away from the interview that CFG is the business and City is just the shiniest part of that. And I have no problem with that. This is a great model for sustainability that we could only have dreamed of decades back.

I also took away that fans in England are a tiny percentage of the customers. I also have no problem with that.

It bugs me when people say that the game (any sport) belongs to the fans. This is made up fantasy imo that is akin to Liverpool and united saying that they are football royalty and the only ones with "history". The game is about the players on the pitch and off it IMO.

We as fans just enjoy the show - in person or from afar. Once the CFG understand that the fans are part of the product that creates the entertainment then I'm happy and I believe that they do.
No complaints about CFG model.
No complaints fans in UK are tiny percentage of customers.
The players take care of the entertainment agree. But with no fans it’s pretty much useless as recently Covid / no fans proved.
As you say the CFG and it’s shiniest part (City) are part of the product. And that’s where Soriano lost it by supporting the Super League and it’s guaranteed money.
He does a great job. But fully trusting him is another matter. As far as I am concerned.

Publicity, networking. He says himself 90 percent of the premier league audience is non domestic.
Yes that's right but the English language media has some of the biggest websites in the world and a huge global reach. This latest interview is on an Icelandic podcast. That's not a very big market. Why do the BBC not interview him or the New York Times or the Daily Mail? Despite their negative coverage he is one of the biggest operators in global football from his time at Barca and City. Anything he says is newsworthy. The English sports press is useless.

No complaints about CFG model.
No complaints fans in UK are tiny percentage of customers.
The players take care of the entertainment agree. But with no fans it’s pretty much useless as recently Covid / no fans proved.
As you say the CFG and it’s shiniest part (City) are part of the product. And that’s where Soriano lost it by supporting the Super League and it’s guaranteed money.
He does a great job. But fully trusting him is another matter. As far as I am concerned.
I felt like the Super League was a reactive situation (like reacting to covid or the situation in Ukraine) rather than a proactive one (in line with our long term strategy). But I'm just assuming.

The guy who has the podcast told me, that no questions about CAS or Mansour where allowed.

Thats tells me the PL investigation is still ongoing.

It takes to long to explain

Everything he said would be twisted

All of the above?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.