#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all day criticising a kid because he has had 16 touches in semi -final was more down to our players not giving him the ball and a Chelski team that was well organised and probably the best team we have played this year.
There were half a dozen far more experienced players who did f*ck all , have a go at them.

I am not going to pile in on him as he is young and new to the team. However, he is far too passive. This has been evident on other occasions too. Yes, other players have struggled after joining us but they have not looked so passive.

First season with us so automatically gets a free pass from me.

Plenty of other, more senior players in the squad that have failed to deliver
Hmm, I’m ok with inconsistency, failing to deliver regularly , etc. for the reasons you mentioned. My concern though is that in his preferred position on the wing he’s shown nothing, I mean absolutely nothing that would lead you to believe he can be effective out there. For the level we aspire to, the quality of player who is taking a first team spot, you should be able to fairly quickly see, yes, that’s why we got him, now let’s give him more time to show it consistently. I haven’t seen anything of that sort (when he is on the wing that is).

I keep seeing comments saying ‘give him time’. if this was an academy player the comments would be send him on loan or he’s not ready yet
It’s his first season. He’s probably here on his own without his family, he hardly speaks the language, he’s been basically confined to his house for a year and gets sporadically used. He’s previously bagged a hat trick for Spain so he’s obviously not shit and will come good when he settles.

Why haven't we used him more as CF like we did earlier in the season? He looked decent in that position.
Totally agree. Would have liked to see him there, Jesus on the left and Sterling off the right

Why haven't we used him more as CF like we did earlier in the season? He looked decent in that position.
100% agree with this. To me he looks more suited to a middle position than out wide. He’s offered little in any of the games I’ve seen him out wide. Not a dig at the lad in any way but I’ve preferred him through the middle. Gonna be a decent player IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.