#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
And has been with the club set up for a few years now and not had covid or moved to a new country .
That’s the thing he looked pretty damn good before Covid, since he looks slower and weaker. I hope he does not have any long term effects from the horrible virus.

I've never thought that Torres was especially good. He's a sort of semi-poacher - he can get into the box and score.

But as a right-winger - who needs to beat his defender one-on-one and deliver a good cross - he really doesn't seem to be especially good at that at all.

He's young though - and as I've stated in the past - I'm willing to give him a break for a year (or maybe two). Maybe he'll grow into the role.

But right now... I'm not impressed.

I've never thought that Torres was especially good. He's a sort of semi-poacher - he can get into the box and score.

But as a right-winger - who needs to beat his defender one-on-one and deliver a good cross - he really doesn't seem to be especially good at that at all.

He's young though - and as I've stated in the past - I'm willing to give him a break for a year (or maybe two). Maybe he'll grow into the role.

But right now... I'm not impressed.

Go look at clips from valencia. Fantastic deep crossing abilty in a 442.

Link please?

I've never seen Torres beat his man consistently and deliver great crosses at City.

Completely different system at city though, we aren't playing a system that is set up for crosses and the percentages game.

1 or no striker instead of 2 at valencia and small midfielders who aren't naturally good in the air competing against packed defences.

He has ability and lots of potential but
I'm not convinced he will be a winger long term. He has acceleration but he doesn't have electric pace.

Completely different system at city though, we aren't playing a system that is set up for crosses and the percentages game.

1 or no striker instead of 2 at valencia and small midfielders who aren't naturally good in the air competing against packed defences.

He has ability and lots of potential but
I'm not convinced he will be a winger long term. He has acceleration but he doesn't have electric pace.

In the above clip I don't see many instances of Torres beating his man on the wing to deliver a cross.

Agree that Torres doesn't have electric pace - and thus might not be a best fit at winger.

He's pretty good in front of goal - in a sort of poacher role.
===
He's young and may improve... but for me, is he currently good enough to start for City in important ties? If not, do you think that he can improve his game to the extent that he's a first choice starter? And what position do you see him playing, if not winger?

Last edited:
In the above clip I don't see many instances of Torres beating his man on the wing to deliver a cross.

Agree that Torres doesn't have electric pace - and thus might not be a best fit at winger.

He's pretty good in front of goal - in a sort of poacher role.
===
He's young and may improve... but for me, is he currently good enough to start for City in important ties? If not, do you think that he can improve his game to the extent that he's a first choice starter? And what position do you see him playing, if not winger?

There is one instance where he is being marked by two players and used his tricks to move the ball between them. Another where he puts a fantastic cross in from deep and the striker hits the post when he should have scored.

Lots of potential there. Last season was the first he made more than 30 league appearences. Might have bought him a season earlier than we should have.

As you say he has poaching ability, I see him being converted into a wide forward or striker like ronaldo did. Not hyping him to that level of player, just has similar attributes and way of moving across the pitch as early ronaldo , minus the pace, flashy tricks and don't think he has as hard a right foot on him.

Serge Gnabry was far from the finished article when he was in England. It is worth being patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.