#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading this article at the back end of 2020 and since then I’ve always wondered whether Dortmund had a good point. He doesn’t seem explosive enough for me. His best performances have come when he’s starting as a 9.
https://www.si.com/soccer/mancheste...ot-dangerous-enough?__twitter_impression=true
I think he's technically perfect in our double false 9 system.

He's a good finisher.

He can drop deep and help create, his passing is very good and varied, good weight on pass in through balls, can drift wide and cross as well.

He isn't explosive though, he never was even at Valencia. But neither is Mahrez, although Mahrez makes up for it with phenomenal control and dribbling to go 1 on 1, Torres even at Valencia was more of a final ball kind of player.

He's actually very similar to Kevin when you really think about his overall game, and Kevin did start out playing out wide but overtime became a midfield player.

To me, I think he is the better pair with KdB than Bernardo in that role, because Bernardo is simply too slow and doesn't get into good shooting positions often enough.

One of the best finishers we've got at the club. He's going to be a huge asset for us next season.
That says quite a lot more about the rest of the squad though.
Definitely someone who I reckon will be better judged at the end of next season. I’m not sure he can do the tippy-tappy quick short passes that seems to be the minimal requirement of any pep player though.

I’d like to see him turned into the false 9 tbh

good movement and finishing

and Pep seemingly wants wingers good on the ball rather than pacey in the current team

I’d like to see him turned into the false 9 tbh

good movement and finishing

and Pep seemingly wants wingers good on the ball rather than pacey in the current team
We could use him in a similar way we use sterling. On the left drifting inside making runs behind. He is a good finisher so it could work. Switch sterling to the right permanently where we can make use of his pace.

Think he's going to have a very good season for us next year. He's shown bits of quality even while dealing with the Pep 1 year settling period and reportedly getting hit hard with COVID. I have high hopes for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.