#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was anonymous, unlike Morata who was actively poor. He seems to have a nasty habit of being peripheral for large stretches of games. I think you can get away with that a bit more as a striker as long as you take the chances that come your way (which he seems very much capable of), but as a wide forward in a team dominating possession you really want to see him get involved more

I felt like he was noticeably more direct than his teammates when in possession.
Only when the play was on his side.

When Spain built up on the left, he stayed wide right, and had many moments where he could have made runs inside to support Morata. Although this could be a tactical instruction.

Not a striker going on tonights finishing. Not yet, anyway. Handful of earearly goals plus a hat trick when we were struggling to put the ball in the net doesnt amount to a demonstration that hes a week in week out striker in waiting. Put it this way Jesus is far more complete at winger than Torres is at Striker.

Peps comments were a little bit disengenuous for me, it seemed like he was trying to kid Chelsea Torres and Jesus were an option for the final.

POSSIBLY Expendable for me because we have Mahrez Foden Sterling Jesus Bernie for that RW place. Out of all of them the only one i would ever be worried about disappearing totally would be Ferran. He probably will come very good but maybe hes not what we need now, and would seem perfect bait for a Spanish club.

really? ferran is the one player i would never wanna get rid of.

Our players just aren't having good tournaments, probably really tired from the season, sadly. it's annoying but we'll have to come to terms with the fact this tournament doesn't reflect the real ability of our players.

really? ferran is the one player i would never wanna get rid of.

Our players just aren't having good tournaments, probably really tired from the season, sadly. it's annoying but we'll have to come to terms with the fact this tournament doesn't reflect the real ability of our players.
That's true, we shouldn't really use internationals as a metric, but I suppose that applies to everyone, playing good or bad. Ferran could have done better today of course, still think CF is his future postiion over winger.

One thing I keep thinking about is how much football I've watched in the last year, a ridiculous amount, well, this means the players have been playing quite a bit (even training counts), where is the rest?

Not a striker going on tonights finishing. Not yet, anyway. Handful of earearly goals plus a hat trick when we were struggling to put the ball in the net doesnt amount to a demonstration that hes a week in week out striker in waiting.
This doesn't even make sense...
So hes not a striker based off one game....ignoring the fact he has this season scored in the CL, prem, domestic cups and even got a hat trick against Germany and Newcastle this season, doesn't amount to any demonstration that hes a good player?

This doesn't even make sense...
So hes not a striker based off one game....ignoring the fact he has this season scored in the CL, prem, domestic cups and even got a hat trick against Germany and Newcastle this season, doesn't amount to any demonstration that hes a good player?
Club football is definitely better than international in that metric, I'd agree with you.

That being said, he did score a hat trick for Spain against Germany as you said. I think this is more of a Spain issue than Torres issue, 2 draws in a row is a problem, Spain should ALWAYS make the knockout stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.