#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s worrying that this needs to be highlighted, but we are so devoid of it generally that it stands out with Ferran... he moves off the ball! For that alone he should start more.
The difference when Foden and Torres came on was obvious. They were very good but they highlighted the abject mediocracy of what had occured before they came on. No pace. no energy, no finding space...

The difference when Foden and Torres came on was obvious. They were very good but they highlighted the abject mediocracy of what had occured before they came on. No pace. no energy, no finding space...

Porto were parked in their own defensive third up until just before both of them came on. I don't think Torres would have had as much impact of he started.

That diagonal run directly towards goal he made when he scored gives me a semi. We’re so used to players overlapping or pulling back and going sideways that movement like that stands out a mile. It was so quick and decisive and gave the Porto defense no time to react. It’s a much needed string to our bow.

Have to remember he's still fairly new to playing on the left. At Valencia, the majority of his play was as an out and out right winger in a 4-4-2 system.
Very talented and still very young. Once he gets rolling, he will be exceptional. He was held in high regard in Spain, similar to how Foden was regarded in England so the skill and potential level is immense.

Excellent goal and if he keeps making an impact like that he'll be starting very soon. I like how he can mix up the control and simple passing with the more direct approach. Pep will soon have him starting ahead of Mahrez if he keeps that up, because Mahrez is still not understanding what is required of him in the City side and it looks like most of his team mates struggle with him too in terms of frustration.

Comes on and creates space which resulted in him scoring a very good goal only to sit there and watch Mahrez and Sterling stink the place out and then Pep brings on Zinchenko

Ridiculous decision not to introduce him today after his goal and performance midweek. I can’t understand the reason behind that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.