#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he looked very good tonight. Only one game, of course, but think he’s a better option through the middle than Sterling. Bit more physical presence, and a better finisher.
I think he has the potential to be a 25+ goal every season player - for now he is best on the left cutting in or going outside as he can do both but certainly his eye for a goal is incredibly encouraging. Amazing for a 20 year old at a new team/country. Hope he gets a run as a starter now, he deserves it.

Some really nice movement off the ball that was largely ignored all game. if he gets a few more games upfront I’d hope the likes of kdb spot that and start feeding him. Wasn’t really involved much aside from the well taken goal, clearly filling in in an unnatural position but good for him to get minutes on the pitch,

if he starts performing and gets a run of games in his favoured position once Jesus/Aguero are back it could have double benefit as it could push sterling out to the right where he’s much better. Fingers crossed.

Looked much better with him through the middle and Sterling on the right. Hopefully we‘ll stick with this until Jesus is back.
Early days but very encouraging signs.

I think he has the potential to be a 25+ goal every season player - for now he is best on the left cutting in or going outside as he can do both but certainly his eye for a goal is incredibly encouraging. Amazing for a 20 year old at a new team/country. Hope he gets a run as a starter now, he deserves it.

Agreed. Of all our wingers Ferran is the best striker of the ball. He is much more clinical, doesn’t need 4 chances to score.

What a bargain he will turn out to be.

Looked much better with him through the middle and Sterling on the right. Hopefully we‘ll stick with this until Jesus is back.
Early days but very encouraging signs.
Definitely looks a better option than Raheem in the striker role. Took his goal well and deserves another chance on Saturday to impress.

A bargain transfer for an emerging talent like him. I do not agree that he will become a striker much less false 9 since he does not have a history of scoring or taking a high number of shots but his versatility will make it difficult not to put him in the XI. He is great in the build up play and you could see that even in the highlights where he did not finish an action but either opened up space for others or facilitated attacking opportunities

Only thing I do not know much about in the player is his mentality, at this level this is often what separates the good from the very elite/great since the talent is there

Great addition and squad player right now

Pep still hasn’t found his best position and is experimenting but what we have seen so far - he has a great potential and suits Pep”s style more than Mahrez

very intelligent player

but can he become world class ? That’s the question we can’t answer yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.