#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I do not know much about in the player is his mentality, at this level this is often what separates the good from the very elite/great since the talent is there

His mentality has been the thing I've been most impressed with so far. Forgetting the interviews and all that for a second, he ran himself ragged yesterday in a role which served the team rather than himself yesterday. Okay, there were a couple of occasions when he didn't make a run that a natural striker should but he just carried on making dummy runs and closing down the defenders even after he was clearly exhausted. It also made me more appreciative of Gabriel Jesus because that guy will do that stuff all day.

I don't think it's a position which suits his strengths and I don't see him there long term but the fact that he did it and put everything into it really impressed me.

Thought he looked very good tonight. Only one game, of course, but think he’s a better option through the middle than Sterling. Bit more physical presence, and a better finisher.

He's a unit. It's a bit deceptive when he's on the wing, but when he was going toe-to-toe with the CB's you can really tell he's over 6ft.

Yeah, that's not really what I was alluding to in terms of mentality for the player. More about the inner drive/competitiveness to develop his game each year, the very top players challenge themselves to keep growing. This, I have to say I do not know much about in terms of the player - that's why I always dislike the rush to term a player world class. Those players, have a different mindset - they sit/eat at a different table than others

Yeah, that's not really what I was alluding to in terms of mentality for the player. More about the inner drive/competitiveness to develop his game each year, the very top players challenge themselves to keep growing. This, I have to say I do not know much about in terms of the player - that's why I always dislike the rush to term a player world class. Those players, have a different mindset - they sit/eat at a different table than others

Oh I agree, especially about the part of labelling a player world class before they've proven it. What he has right now is ability and potential, the world class tag should come naturally with consistency of performances.

If you can be bothered and have the time, I'd recommend watching a few of his interviews, especially the one with Guillem Balague. Of course, some people have the gift of the gab and know exactly how to say the right thing but he comes across as very genuine and unshakably motivated.

Obvious world class player in the making, considering he is very driven.

Very rounded player for 20 year old. Clearly an amazing talent.

Much better than Sane at the same age.

EDIT- youngest Spaniard to score in 3 consecutive CL games

Last edited:
Obvious world class player in the making, considering he is very driven.

Very rounded player for 20 year old. Clearly an amazing talent.

Much better than Sane at the same age.

EDIT- youngest Spaniard to score in 3 consecutive CL games
Ferran is an entirely different player compared to Sane, I am not sure why people keep bring the comparison up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.