#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So should people not offer opinions on a football forum about footballers until they’ve been here 12 months? Nobody is slagging the lad off and everyone is aware how much Sane struggled initially. Forgive me for not having a great deal of faith in everyone we sign being the right signing after so many average transfer windows during the past couple of years.

Just noticed you jumped in with the initial post about Torres.

I think having an opinion about the potential of a player after 3 months and a dozen or so games is very premature.

It doesn't really matter whether you or I have " a great deal of faith in...........average transfer windows during the past couple of years " .

It's your opinion on a forum , as is mine , and I disagree with the original post . OK ?

Now you have the passive-aggressive stuff out of the way, here are two opinions: We should support our team, not endlessly slag off a small group of players because we don't want them to play and prefer Foden to play every match. When we have a new player, especially a young one from abroad, we don't need to insinuate that he is not as good as one who didn't want to stay with us, especially not after he has one full PL game under his belt.
Ha,what was passive aggressive about pointing out people are going to have opinions on a football forum? As I said nobody is slagging him off there is a difference between saying apart from his finishing he’s not offered much and getting on his back. Personally not really arsed about Foden in terms of our wide positions as it’s not really his position. We’re pretty desperate for a winger who can beat people as our current superstar on the left rarely does it anymore.

Just noticed you jumped in with the initial post about Torres.

I think having an opinion about the potential of a player after 3 months and a dozen or so games is very premature.

It doesn't really matter whether you or I have " a great deal of faith in...........average transfer windows during the past couple of years " .

It's your opinion on a forum , as is mine , and I disagree with the original post . OK ?
Absolutely fine. Don’t think anyone was saying he doesn’t have plenty of potential though just that he’s not showed too much in terms of his general play. I thought he’d be much quicker than he’s looked so far. I know most young players need time to settle but pace is obviously usually pretty evident from the off.

This guy is much better than Leroy. 4 years ago today he hadnt even scored hsi first for us. Torres has already made history here by being youngest spanish player to score in 3 consecutive CL games and third youngest to score in 4 CL consecutive games.

Leroy is a mummy's boy who is almost afraid to speak to his own teammates. He is not even cutting it in easy league with Bayern, being criticised heavily.

Sane has to be the most overrated player in this forum.

This guy is much better than Leroy. 4 years ago today he hadnt even scored hsi first for us. Torres has already made history here by being youngest spanish player to score in 3 consecutive CL games and third youngest to score in 4 CL consecutive games.

Leroy is a mummy's boy who is almost afraid to speak to his own teammates. He is not even cutting it in easy league with Bayern, being criticised heavily.

Sane has to be the most overrated player in this forum.

I think the truth is somewhere in between: he had a superb period for us and his athleticism and finishing was a crucial aspect in our league win. As time went on, he didn't seem to develop as quickly as I thought he would, especially in tight control and first touch, and his injury and subsequent apparent disinterest in following Pep's instructions meant that the time was right. I wish him only good fortune as he was an exciting player who has never spoken against the club but I am doubtful that he will become the world-class player that his talent could make him.

Some people won't accept it, but our problems up front are less to do with who's playing there than people think. Stick Aguero there and he's as isolated as whoever we've used.

Torres looked a bit more lively once he moved out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.