#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he? He’s not had a single decent game in the league yet and is largely anonymous in most of his appearances. Did well against Burnley reserves in the League Cup though.
In his 7 league starts he had an assist at Leeds, a goal v Burnley and a goal v Newcastle. He has 4 in 5 in the CL which, like Foden, was his main competition in the Autumn, the difference being Torres ended up with Covid over the Christmas period whilst Foden cemented a first-team spot in the league side. Scored a hat-trick for Spain v Germany so clearly has the nous and in his first game back starting had a quiet game but got himself a goal. He just needs games, he'll be inconsistent because he's young in his first season but he clearly has a knack for a goal and we forget he was playing as a makeshift striker for the early part of the season as both Jesus and Kun out, so he's not really had a run of games on the left or right to really settle down in either of those roles.

He'll grow, mature, learn and develop to become a great player, that I'm sure of.
He still looks like the new kid in school, which is not that strange, - just moved away from home during a pandemic global... I'm sure he's not had an easy six months.
Looking at how he played for Valencia, it's clear to see what the lad is capable of when he's confident.

On yesterday, he might have been occasionally "invisible", but during the first half he made a lot of runs, good runs, creating space for others as well as him self.. but only on a very few instances was it picked up but his under performing team mates.

Torres, Jesus and Foden... a trio of young kids with huuuuge potential. One treat these three have in common, is the directness, the desire to advance, to create chances, to score. Very exciting (and a complete nightmare for defenders!)! Foden seems to already be unleashed, but Gabby and Ferran still seems like something is holding them back.

Didn't do much wrong but has the neck of being in the right spot to score , not a bad habit.
This, most players can take 6-12mths to get up to speed under Pep, if hes contributing 10/12 assists/goals this year then its an unexpected bonus and shows us what we could have on our hands.

Has he? He’s not had a single decent game in the league yet and is largely anonymous in most of his appearances. Did well against Burnley reserves in the League Cup though.
Gold star mate, that’s easily won Bluemoon’s shittest comment of the year so far award.

Gold star mate, that’s easily won Bluemoon’s shittest comment of the year so far award.

Thanks mate. I was actually disagreeing that his start has been ‘sensational’.

If you read on you’ll see that I said Sane and Bernardo also had similar starts before becoming good.

He’s been very very quiet in most of his league appearances thus far but like the above mentioned players I expect that he’ll improve.

He will be a star signing for us, Mark my words. Once he gets a run of games under his belt he will be unstoppable. Really rate this lad. Hundreds on this site wrote David Silva off halfway through his first season.!!

Very harsh to judge him already, given he’s just 20 years old (same age as Phil, Garcia and Nmecha), has moved to a new League and a new country for the first time in his life during a global pandemic, and has had a dose of Covid on top of it all.

Even then, he’s scored 8 goals - which puts him as our second highest scorer (along with Raz) - ahead of the whole squad apart from Phil, who has just one more. And everyone is saying he’s having a breakout season (which he is, but this is about context)

Now I fully accept goals aren’t everything - Ferran scored on Saturday, but was pretty anonymous for most of the game. His first back in the starting 11 after Covid. But still - I’d say he’s had a more than decent start to his City career.

Last edited:
Why does every comment that isn't constant glowing praise have to be labelled as people judging him or writing him off?

We all know it's rare for a player to settle into a Pep side from the off and he will need a bedding in period before we see anything from him but stating he's been entirely anonymous in all but 2 games he's featured in this season is fair and accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.