#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is a good comparison or not, but I think he'll follow a similar pattern to Pedro Neto at Wolves - who's been their best player this season.

Neto struggled to get in their team last year - against the likes of Jota, Traore, etc - and only showed flashes, without ever putting a consistent run of form together.

After a year of learning and being given more minutes he's now grown into his role. This is exactly how I see Ferran being next season.

It's a well trodden path and we've got loads of examples of our own, including Silva, Toure, Sane, Cancelo, Rodri, etc, so it's an obvious prediction to make.

He's got too much going for him to not reach really the top with us/Pep.

Not sure what to make of him - some good on-field plays, some bad. I was disappointed in him for the West Ham goal; he seemed to totally switch off, not aware of the danger.

Whether he is ultimately good enough we will see. But in fairness to the kid, this has been the hardest year ever for a young lad to adjust to a new country, language and culture. Month on end of lockdown, getting COVID, little or no ability to get used to his surroundings, limited chances to go home. It is no coincidence that his best moments this year we’re playing for Spain. If he comes through all this with his head up, we will have a good un.

You can say he's not been involved much lately as a reason for two huge misses but if he wants to be involved he has to score them. Didn't do anything to suggest he should be playing even semi-regularly and looks miles away right now.

For his City career I hope he doesn't go to the Euros this summer, a full pre-season with Pep in his ear teaching him exactly what is required I think would do much more for his career progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.