#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another goal.

I actually thought he made lots of positive runs off the ball tonight but seemed to get ignored a fair bit.

With movement like that he'll cause teams lots of problems playing up top.

He's not a striker. Like Sterling isn't a striker.

So they can occupy space, try to hold the ball up a bit, but they're never really involved in the game like a striker is.

Can't wait for the Ferran-Jesus-Sterling front 3 to get on the pitch though, then we'll see him get going.

Credit that lad. Made loads of runs but we didn’t once try and play a pass through the lines to him. Still kept making the runs though. took his goal well.

Did well considering he was asked to play out of position. Again.
If we had a fully fit striker knowing when to make the runs into the box, we might have had more tonight. That’s not a criticism of Torres of course.

Another goal.

I actually thought he made lots of positive runs off the ball tonight but seemed to get ignored a fair bit.

With movement like that he'll cause teams lots of problems playing up top.
Felt like our players were a little afraid to try those vertical passes, maybe they didn't want our forwards to sprint and save energy, who knows.

Felt like our players were a little afraid to try those vertical passes, maybe they didn't want our forwards to sprint and save energy, who knows.

Yep. It felt like it was more down to tactics to me - keep ball, no risky passes - but hard to say.

The opportunities were definitely there.

Thought he looked very good tonight. Only one game, of course, but think he’s a better option through the middle than Sterling. Bit more physical presence, and a better finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.