#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
im going to stick my neck out here, having watched him im going to make a bold prediction.

at the start of the season we saw torres in a number of positions , people assume he will be our winger, left or right in the future, because ,well hes a winger, but is he. we also saw him up front, pep has obviously seen something in the lad, something i don't think is so obvious to the untrained eye, playing new players on the wing gives them time to learn the system pep uses and grow their tactical knowledge,

weve seen it with foden, out on the wing if they fuck up their positioning they dont cause too much damage, in the centre lose the ball there and we can be countered a lot easier, he was critical of foden in the first half of the Liverpool game saying he was out of position and making things harder for us, people took this as a way of keeping his feet on the ground, but it wasnt, foden had fucked up his positioning and we had a lot of problems controlling liverpool in the first half.

anyway on to torres, i think we will see him more and more upfront in the middle, and i personally feel we wont buy a typical forward and keep sergio for another season with torres coming more and more into he team as he learns the false nine position,or maybe we get messi and sergio leaves, im not in the know or claim to have a clue what peps take is on it, just a gut feeling.

he will be our "star" striker, a striker who interchanges with the wingers and the attacking midfielders similar to how gabby jesus is playing, imo jesus and torres will be our two forwards.
Makes sense.

Not getting any game time at all now. Does he have a knock we dont know about?

First season syndrome probably. Sane, Bernardo, Mahrez, Cancelo all had stints where they didn’t get a sniff in their first year. Reckon he might feature on weds though.

Not getting any game time at all now. Does he have a knock we dont know about?

I just put it down to having a fully fit squad with players in his position in form meaning he hasn't had much of a chance since coming back from injury. I'd expect to see him on Wednesday or Saturday mind

Was disappointed to see Mahrez come on before him, with the game pretty much done.

Hopefully he gets a few more starts with the midweek/weekend schedule ramping up

Was disappointed to see Mahrez come on before him, with the game pretty much done.

Hopefully he gets a few more starts with the midweek/weekend schedule ramping up
I thought it was fair enough after the way mahrez played on Sunday and you probably still have to be a bit wary at 2 nil in the first leg regardless of how much we dominated.

But yea, hope to see more of him soon and I think we might if sterling frustrates again like he did tonight

He knows he has to earn his place and has said as much, clearly. He is a talent and I suspect that when he truly emerges, it will be in a big way. He was very lively when he came on, last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.