#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has quick feet, can cross the ball, and knows where the goal is. He could have an excellent DECADE of football ahead of him. Give the young lad a chance. He made Sterling look like...well, Sterling...today with that quick finish!
TBF I don’t think we have seen much, if any of this. The lad seems to have good movement when central and an eye for goal, but we haven’t seen anything from him out wide. I think people writing him off is very harsh, but I agree with those that don’t think he has set the world alight.

Whilst I agree with others saying he currently looks better in the middle as out wide he offers absolutely nothing, I don't see how his future lies in a central position.

He's not going to be our main striker in there, he will be behind whoever we bring in and jesus. We could push jesus out wide more permanently where he's arguably better but we will then still need another out and out winger imo which then gives us too many players. He can do a job centrally but his future has to be out wide where we bought him for.

He doesn’t look like he’s found his best position yet. Doesn’t look like an out and out anything. I wouldn’t be surprised if at the end of next season he’s a regular starter but in a completely different position to what we’ve seen so far.

He needs time, I was never gonna judge him this season.

That being said, his position is pretty flexible right now, not sure he yet has a best position, but it seems like RW is where the minutes will come from, it's where he gets them from Spain.

Now in Spain, the RB overlaps much more than Cancelo does, letting him play "inside" more. His games for Spain pretty much are summed up like this:

1) Ferran wide, Ferran will cross. His crossing is also very good, but he didn't do that much today.

2) His fullback wide, Ferran comes inside. Play develops on the left and he looks to find space to get a shot across. Our fullback wasn't wide enough to let Ferran play inside enough, when he had the chance later on he scored.

He probably can be better as a False 9 with KdB, which I'd like to see, but RW is where he needs to improve right now.

We learned 1 thing..

Ferran > Sterling.
Ferran presses harder than Sterling.
Ferran hangs on to the ball better than Sterling.
Ferran has better accuracy than Sterling. (never mind the goal)
Ferran looks more motivated to prove himself that he can be a first team starting player than Sterling.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

We learned 1 thing..

Ferran > Sterling.
Ferran looks more motivated to prove himself that he can be a first team starting player than Sterling.

Correct me if I'm wrong!
Fucking he’ll mate Sterling had a bad game today and has struggled recently but to say Ferran is better, especially after that game today is absolute bollocks. Sterling has been brilliant for us despite frustrating at times. Look at his goal record alone.

We learned 1 thing..

Ferran > Sterling.

Correct me if I'm wrong!
I would rather see Sterling in the team than Torres. Torres goes missing too much. Sterling is always involved and I prefer that, even allowing for all his frustrating play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.