#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there’s a player in there, he’s only 20. But to unlock his potential he will need a run in the side next season and he isn’t going to get it. So I reckon he’ll be back in Spain within 2 years, with a buy back clause for if he develops well.
Like you, I don’t see him getting the game time so I wouldn’t be too shocked if he went this summer TBH. He is highly rated back in Spain and it would be an easy profit at a difficult time financially. If someone came in and offered us £40m+, would the club turn that down?

I think his best asset is his finishing. His best spell in the side has come when he’s played up top.

I cant see what else he has apart from goals.

Like you, I don’t see him getting the game time so I wouldn’t be too shocked if he went this summer TBH. He is highly rated back in Spain and it would be an easy profit at a difficult time financially. If someone came in and offered us £40m+, would the club turn that down?
I can see £30m ish and a buyback clause around £50-60m for if he happens to explode. But I think summer 2022, not this one. He won’t get the game time for anyone to pay £40m imo. He signed for £21m on a 5 year deal, so next summer he’ll be worth £12.6m on the books. So a £30m sale will go down as a £17.4m profit. We’d take it and promote Cole Palmer.

I don’t really see it with him yet tbh
He hasn’t got electrifying pace or skill to go past players and seems a bit weak

Young lad, first season in a foreign league, and he’s had the positional awareness to bag a few goals, so it wouldn’t be fair to be overly critical, but, yeh, like you I don’t really see anything to get excited about. Medium paced and no tricks in his armoury. I just don’t see what he brings, or will bring, to the party as a wide midfielder. I don’t think that will change as we go forward either sadly

Young lad, first season in a foreign league, and he’s had the positional awareness to bag a few goals, so it wouldn’t be fair to be overly critical, but, yeh, like you I don’t really see anything to get excited about. Medium paced and no tricks in his armoury. I just don’t see what he brings, or will bring, to the party as a wide midfielder. I don’t think that will change as we go forward either sadly
Bit of effort wouldn’t go amiss

Play him up top for fcuk sake Sterling should stayed on the right and Jesus on the left stop fucking drifting floating around here there or every where!!
I said the same at the start of the game. Should have happened.

Most of Sterling’s best City performances - wide right
Jesus top 3 City performances - wide left
All of Torres’ best City performances - up front

I'll give the lad a break because he's been played out of position by Pep. We'll see next season just how much he develops. On the evidence of today's game I would confidently say that as a wide man/winger he's nowhere near as good as Brandon Barker or Rony Lopes.

If he had been an academy 'prospect', he'd have been loaned out with a view to permanent transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.