#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
really? ferran is the one player i would never wanna get rid of.

Our players just aren't having good tournaments, probably really tired from the season, sadly. it's annoying but we'll have to come to terms with the fact this tournament doesn't reflect the real ability of our players.
The 'one' player?

Really?

Over Foden, Dias and at least half a dozen others

Not having a great tournament,largely anonymous in the first game and struggled to get into the second when brought on.
In this tournament it looks like our players, KDB apart, have still to get over the Champions League final. Let them all get it out of their collective systems before next season starts.

Every time he plays on the wing, he is anonymous/average and lacks workrate. This guy is a natural STRIKER and the sooner Enrique and Pep figure that out the better. He should never play on the wing.
I think he only played as a striker for us as we didn't have one......he shone in youth WC, was picked for Spain, and bought by us having played wide all his career at Valencia.....rather contradicts your post.

In this tournament it looks like our players, KDB apart, have still to get over the Champions League final. Let them all get it out of their collective systems before next season starts.
It was the last thing most of them needed after a taxing season and the CL disappointment. Shame they can’t all get a proper break.

Stones has been Englands best player,Bernardo created Portugals first goal and did nothing that warranted an early bath.....Foden and Gundogan ticking over nicely too.

Stones has been Englands best player,Bernardo created Portugals first goal and did nothing that warranted an early bath.....Foden and Gundogan ticking over nicely too.
To be fair Stones has been decent but I think Bernie has been really quiet in the games I’ve seen him in same goes for Foden and Gundo, although I do think Phil is being stifled by Southgate.

Last edited:
Every time he plays on the wing, he is anonymous/average and lacks workrate. This guy is a natural STRIKER and the sooner Enrique and Pep figure that out the better. He should never play on the wing.

I always feel like I'm an extra in the Emperor's New Clothes when it comes to Ferran Torres. This is his first season in a 100mph league, playing for an exacting manager, so he should be cut a significant amount of slack, but I'm baffled by the numerous claims that he's the heir apparent to Sergio Aguero or good enough to be a line leading centre forward for one of the best sides in Europe.
I'm very conscious that he's already an established Spanish international and that it's my judgment that's probably suspect, but apart from getting a tick in the tidy finisher column, I just cannot see what the fuss is about. He's no slouch but he doesn't exactly appear jet propelled either, he's not a 7 stone weakling but nor is he especially
robust, he frequently disappears in games, and it must have been April (Palace away) before I saw him actually beat a man with the ball.
Hope he kicks on well next season, but right now fair to middling would be my assessment

To be fair Stones has been decent but I think Bernie has been really quiet in the games I’ve seen him in same goes for Foden and Gundo, although I do think Phil is being stifled by Southgate.

Southgate's hung Foden, Sterling and Kane out to dry so far. They've had little in the way of support and they've been doubled up on more or less throughout. Kane's been dismal even allowing for that, but Foden and Sterling have both done ok in the circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.