Ferran Torres (FC Barcelona)

Villa is about what I always thought his level would be. Tidy but unspectacular player, might improve if he's playing regularly though. Getting £55 million for him was amazing business, I'd be calling for an investigation into that if we wasn't the selling club, criminal.

Still recall getting pelted on here for suggesting Cole Palmer who at the time hadn't broken through yet could do the same as him given the same game time. The same quote was brought up from the dead months later when he scored a hattrick for spain by an individual on here who must have been sitting on it for months and remains the only person I've ever had to stick on ignore.

Villa is about what I always thought his level would be. Tidy but unspectacular player, might improve if he's playing regularly though. Getting £55 million for him was amazing business, I'd be calling for an investigation into that if we wasn't the selling club, criminal.

Still recall getting pelted on here for suggesting Cole Palmer who at the time hadn't broken through yet could do the same as him given the same game time. The same quote was brought up from the dead months later when he scored a hattrick for spain by an individual on here who must have been sitting on it for months and remains the only person I've ever had to stick on ignore.

Out of interest, I wonder just how much of the fee we have received ?

Well he didn't press, didn't have pace but had finishing ability, almost a bit Aguero-esque since Kun was not the fastest, but was brilliant with his finishing. And when Kun was out with his knee injury, he provided decent cover there.

Like even Pep went.. "I have to start thinking of him more as a striker".

It could have worked for him at City if he had worked hard and tried to prove himself in the Pep system, but he wanted to leave.

Tells us all we need to know right..

I guess "Spanish Tax" is a thing for La Liga clubs in the same way that "English Tax" is for Premier League Teams.
Apart from the occasional decent finish Torres seemed to offer little although his movement was quite good.
He and Garcia were meant to be spearheads of the new Barcelona but the careers of both have stalled and we have not really missed either.
Villa have a promising young striker - Archer - who spent last season on loan at Middlesborough and who scored for England U21's against Germany. I think they would be better off letting him get some gametime than loaning Torres.

Still remember some on here fuming that we sent them Garcia and Torres like our board were doing Barcelona a favour for old friends. We cleared Garcia off our books and traded Torres for Alvarez and change. We mugged them in broad daylight. My Barcelona still sends me messages to this day about how badly we ripped them off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.