Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have got a problem with players who can score goals atm and we one striker in Jesus who doesn’t want to play upfront and after that the nearest we have is Ferrari Torres who befire this transfer speculation was talked upon as a future number 9 so why the fuck would we put ourselves further in the shit upfront just to please Barca and Torres . This decision should be made in the summer and not during a season we’re we are in a title and will probably need his goals . The only way this should happen is if we buy a striker in January .

Pretty clear that we are at the table and so are Barca so a deal is likely to happen. Citys price is clearly not the 1bn that some on here think he should be sold for.

Very true, best for all.

It clearly also isnt the '1penny more than we paid for him is still technically profit so just take it' that others here would be delighted with.

lets hope the truth is midway between 1bn and 1p then.

I think there’s potential in Torres and he seems to have an eye for goal. Still very young.

Than again, as a player you always weigh up your chances of playing regularly. Maybe he sees a lot of competition for places that is already there or will arrive soon. Either from within the club ( youth teams ) or an upcoming transfer.

Finally there’s also the players’ choice where to live and play. I haven’t read that he doesn’t feel comfortable in Manchester. And a lot of teammates speak his native language. But it’s also easy to understand he prefers Spain and from that point of view Barca still is a huge club to play for.

As for Barca, it’s clear the club is in turmoil. A player can think: no succes the next few years, so I won’t go there. Or think: I will play lot and might even be one of the most important players.

It is however interesting to see how much Barca are willing to pay for him. They are not able to pay anything, but it’s Spain and it’s Barca. They will always find ways or will be allowed to do so.

If Torres goes, good luck to him. And hopefully we will sign striker to give options we lack at the moment. Either a new striker that will not hamper we sign Haaland or Mbappe. Or promote Delap is he’s good enough ( and get rid of the injuries that seems to pile up all the time this season ).

Finally whatever money we get for a player or need to pay for one, I don’t care. As long as the club is financially healthy and we don’t ens up like Barca right now.

I understand that people want as much as we can get, but we paid about 20 mill for him, so doubling our money plus any add-ons we can get, would look good on our books, towards other signings.

Maybe his injury was a godsend for the re-emergence of Sterling, because if he wasn't injured, do we believe he would be in our starting line-up regularly?

I suppose he can see this himself, with the talk of a striker signing as well, he knows his opportunities will be limited for us. I feel this would be one of the main reasons for dropping down a level to join Barca, along with going back to Spain.

I don't feel that we are doing them any favours by accepting something around 40 mill plus add-ons, it is a business decision as far a City will be concerned, and we don't usually stand in the way of anyone that wants out.
So when Dortmund buy up young talent for 10-20m they should let us take them off their hands for double what they paid?

It has to be said it is a cracking idea for the buying club at least.

Of course we will be doing them a huge favour our club is over run with Barca fans for life and at some point in their life they will be back in the Barca fold.

So when Dortmund buy up young talent for 10-20m they should let us take them off their hands for double what they paid?

It has to be said it is a cracking idea for the buying club at least.

Of course we will be doing them a huge favour our club is over run with Barca fans for life and at some point in their life they will be back in the Barca fold.
That is such a childish outlook.

I don't understand why we would bend over and take it up the shitter from Barca but I sadly see it happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.