Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he leaves then with the added funds maybe we bring in Haaland AND Vlahovic, that’s a fuck you statement to everyone, to poach the best 2 young strikers in the world.

Honestly, wouldn't be overly bothered over Torres leaving. Happy for him to stay, and wish him the best if he wants to go play for Barca.

More irritated that Barca is approaching us everytime like we are a charity. Pay up or GTFO.

If he wants out to go back home, let him go, a very good player with enormous potential, but if he is not happy, he has to go but on our terms.

IE Straight swop for FDJ.

Sell him while his value is high. I honestly don’t think he’s that good especially not good enough for the premier league.
spanish fans see him as home grown hence the hype for him (look how Garcia turned out).

swap him for de jong I say and go for Haaland in the summer

I’ve said on here many times I really rate Torres and think he has the potential to be a huge star for us.

Having said that if we are intent on signing a big name striker any time soon we probably need to raise some funds to do so. We could probably make a decent profit - (£20 to 30m I would think) on Torres. Only problem is Barcelona don’t have a pot to piss in so if we do sell it won’t be to them.

This has the feel of yet another of those “Barcelona wants” stories.

I’ve said on here many times I really rate Torres and think he has the potential to be a huge star for us.

Having said that if we are intent on signing a big name striker any time soon we probably need to raise some funds to do so. We could probably make a decent profit - (£20 to 30m I would think) on Torres. Only problem is Barcelona don’t have a pot to piss in so if we do sell it won’t be to them.

Yep. Sky sports understands, Barcelona want….

If he does want to go back to Spain, I wouldn't stand in his way, but how it can be to Barca is beyond me. They will want to pay two quid a week, and us to fund his wages as well!!

With Palmer coming through, McAtee making appearances, and also Delap to come back, I really don't think it will affect our on field performances, if we can make 30 mill profit, that would be Raiola's back-hander sorted for Haaland.

If he does want to go back to Spain, I wouldn't stand in his way, but how it can be to Barca is beyond me. They will want to pay two quid a week, and us to fund his wages as well!!

With Palmer coming through, McAtee making appearances, and also Delap to come back, I really don't think it will affect our on field performances, if we can make 30 mill profit, that would be Raiola's back-hander sorted for Haaland.

I wonder if that’s the thinking to be honest mate? Nice big tidy profit on ferran pays alfie and mino their commission? Then just the £64m fee and we have delap coming through as well so ferran wouldn’t be needed central and was pretty poor wide?

We could do it on the never never but book the whole fee in the next books if necessary. They don't have to come over with a suitcase full of cash.

I think this player will become absolutely world-class and I would be gutted to see him go. Nevertheless, he should only be retained if he wants to stay.

The thing is this: if a player is given a fair crack of the whip, and is clearly not going to cut it, fair enough. Bony, Mangala, Nolito were cases in point. But Torres has not been given a fair crack of the whip, and though his performances have been uneven (which is almost certainly related to the first point, because there aren't many footballers who can be in and out of a team, come on for fifteen minutes etc., and impress every time), there have been enough signs of real talent to make it mistaken not to persist with him.
We had no choice with Sané, but I still regret his leaving.
The more so in that there's no guarantee whatsoever that we get Haaland, or Mbappe, or someone of that level. And if we're not getting someone of that level, then I think it's stupid to let this lad go. He's in the starting line-up for his national team. Might there be some reason for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.