Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think fans on here are being a bit short sighted, and are only seeing the €€€ potential profit on Torres, and the opportunity to put this in the kitty for a central striker.

In 2023 Sterling, Mahrez and Jesus are all out of contract, unless they renew. We will have some major surgery required on that front line if they don’t.

Foden long term is a midfielder as is Jack.

I am very happy that we have got some fantastic players coming through from the U23’s, but we will need some experience too.

I think fans on here are being a bit short sighted, and are only seeing the €€€ potential profit on Torres, and the opportunity to put this in the kitty for a central striker.

In 2023 Sterling, Mahrez and Jesus are all out of contract, unless they renew. We will have some major surgery required on that front line if they don’t.

Foden long term is a midfielder as is Jack.

I am very happy that we have got some fantastic players coming through from the U23’s, but we will need some experience too.
Palmer will have 2 more years experience in the 1st team by the time Mahrez leaves (if he doesn't extend) and they seem to have removed him from the EDS setup already.

There's no way Sterling is running his contract down I'd have thought as it wouldn't suit either side, so he'll be sorted one way or another by the end of the next summer window.

I'd be surprised if Jesus doesn't extend.

Be a shame if he went he offers a pace and skillset we dont have in the other forwards outside of Raz. Was clearly improving in the 9. Replaceable at this stage but not for the 20m we pad for him, anyone coming in at the same potential level is gonna be more. Nkunku etc. Enjoy watching his progress if he stays or goes..

Palmer will have 2 more years experience in the 1st team by the time Mahrez leaves (if he doesn't extend) and they seem to have removed him from the EDS setup already.

There's no way Sterling is running his contract down I'd have thought as it wouldn't suit either side, so he'll be sorted one way or another by the end of the next summer window.

I'd be surprised if Jesus doesn't extend.

I would like Pep to settle on a front 3 for the next few seasons, but that is for another thread. I don’t see Sterling and Mahrez past the end of this season and if we sold Torres…..

I would like Pep to settle on a front 3 for the next few seasons, but that is for another thread. I don’t see Sterling and Mahrez past the end of this season and if we sold Torres…..
Mahrez will be 32 if we let him see his contract out and I can see that being acceptable by both him and City (although a 1 or 2 year extension might occur). He'll leave with thanks for his service and a decent signing on fee somewhere else.

Sterling looks to be gone by the end of the season for sure.

Torres? He's not played since the 11th of September and I can't say we've particularly missed him, with the added bonus that it's allowed Palmer game time. Palmer has shown he's up to the task without doubt (IMO).

Genuine question. Who would you take from theirs? I wouldn't honestly fancy anyone much. Man for man, we're now streets ahead of them. Which is an astonishing state of affairs, but it is so.
Fati, Pedri, and probably FDJ. but they aint letting the first 2 go if ever, the last is more of a need for 2022/2023+ and would be extranious at this point in the squad i think, but a lovely player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.