Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything stopping English clubs putting in absurdly high release clauses in players’ contracts like every Spanish and German teams seem do??
It would stop the snivelling Spanish cunts from unsettling our players if we did.

Genuine question. Who would you take from theirs? I wouldn't honestly fancy anyone much. Man for man, we're now streets ahead of them. Which is an astonishing state of affairs, but it is so.
It’s a great question. The one I see mentioned on here a lot is DeJong, but I haven’t seen much of him. What about the kid with a billion euro release clause !!

Is there anything stopping English clubs putting in absurdly high release clauses in players’ contracts like every Spanish and German teams seem do??
It would stop the snivelling Spanish cunts from unsettling our players if we did.
They probably wouldn't sign for us in the first place if we were going to trap them

Yep, it's a La Liga requirement over there, here it isn't. Will never happen as it's not needed and the players would demand more money to agree to one.

It has previously argued they are unenforceable here. Like when Suarez supposedly had a 40m clayse, and arsenal offered 40m plus £1, and Liverpool refused it.

Apart from that one example, ive genuinely never heard of a PL player having one.

The thing is this: if a player is given a fair crack of the whip, and is clearly not going to cut it, fair enough. Bony, Mangala, Nolito were cases in point. But Torres has not been given a fair crack of the whip, and though his performances have been uneven (which is almost certainly related to the first point, because there aren't many footballers who can be in and out of a team, come on for fifteen minutes etc., and impress every time), there have been enough signs of real talent to make it mistaken not to persist with him.
We had no choice with Sané, but I still regret his leaving.
The more so in that there's no guarantee whatsoever that we get Haaland, or Mbappe, or someone of that level. And if we're not getting someone of that level, then I think it's stupid to let this lad go. He's in the starting line-up for his national team. Might there be some reason for that?
The main problem I see, is who do we leave out from Foden, Grealish, Bernardo, Mahrez, Sterling and Jesus, to give Torres a fair crack in the team? He has been injured for weeks, and I don't feel his services have been missed. I understand he may be a future talent, but personally I don't feel he could be our main striker, and score 20+ goals a season, consistently.

But they only ever work in the reverse, you set it too low and lose a player on the cheap. It doesn't mean you will receive more money, because an English club doesn't have to accept any bid, ever.

It has previously argued they are unenforceable here. Like when Suarez supposedly had a 40m clayse, and arsenal offered 40m plus £1, and Liverpool refused it.

Apart from that one example, ive genuinely never heard of a PL player having one.
£100m Jack Grealish says Hi

£100m Jack Grealish says Hi
£8m for Delph too. Even Liverpool admitted they were just trying it on refusing to sell, if the player wants to go, they go.

Unless the wording is ambiguous they should be 100% enforceable.

£8m for Delph too. Even Liverpool admitted they were just trying it on refusing to sell, if the player wants to go, they go.

Unless the wording is ambiguous they should be 100% enforceable.
Going back a little further we were on the other end of it when Joey Barton went to Newcastle. There was some dispute over the release clause as Newcastle were disputing the fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.