Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to start selling at the going rate. We are not a charity and what we paid for players doesn’t come into it.

If Ferran wants to go to Barca that is fine but it should be in the region of £60-£75 million.

I want Raz to stay but if he were to go like I said in his thread it should be £70-£80 million full stop and not the half price quoted.

very good player but lets be realistic, he is third choice for us but Spain's first choice, Barca are skint but can make money on him to a smaller scale than Messi but still making money, so i would sell free for the first year £11 million a year for the next 9

We need to start selling at the going rate. We are not a charity and what we paid for players doesn’t come into it.

If Ferran wants to go to Barca that is fine but it should be in the region of £60-£75 million.

I want Raz to stay but if he were to go like I said in his thread it should be £70-£80 million full stop not the half price quoted.
If Torres and Sterling want to go and we have 40m and 45m on the table respectively, they will be sold.
We are not in the business of keeping players on who don't want to be here.

Look at the rags for the best example on why this is a bad idea. They kept the likes of Jones and Lingard around on huge contracts to spite themselves accepting the transfer offers on the table.

There are very few clubs that our players will want to go to, you don't keep Torres around and reject the offer from Barca because you think Leicester are going to put 70m on the table. It doesn't happen.

If Torres and Sterling want to go and we have 40m and 45m on the table respectively, they will be sold.
We are not in the business of keeping players on who don't want to be here.

Look at the rags for the best example on why this is a bad idea. They kept the likes of Jones and Lingard around on huge contracts to spite themselves accepting the transfer offers on the table.

There are very few clubs that our players will want to go to, you don't keep Torres around and reject the offer from Barca because you think Leicester are going to put 70m on the table. It doesn't happen.
no thats no how it should work. you first make a valuation of like 70 mil then the selling club will be forced to move closer to our valuation and put an offer of 55-60 mil that is atleast acceptable. but if you agree with the first offer they make then that is stupid.

no thats no how it should work. you first make a valuation of like 70 mil then the selling club will be forced to move closer to our valuation and put an offer of 55-60 mil that is atleast acceptable. but if you agree with the first offer they make then that is stupid.
Sorry, didn't realise you were sat in on the meeting between Txiki and Barca.
Do you really think Barca just went heres £40m and Txiki just accepted and ran off with the check?

Barca aren't forced to do anything, they want him and as far as anyone else knows they are the only team who does. Ferran wants out to Barca so they hold a fair amount of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.