Feyenoord(A) - Post Match Thread

The unknown after tonight is how good are Shakhtar? They've just beaten a team who had won every game this season and who Guardiola rated as one of the best 3 sides in Europe. They thrashed Nice in the CL qualifier and Nice are a good side (smashed Monaco 4-0 at the weekend). Was it a fluke or are they a side to watch. Historically they buy a lot of South Americans. I only saw their goals tonight, but they were good goals.
they'll be tough, especially at their own ground. Shaktar and Napoli away are two of the toughest away grounds you could go to in Europe, a draw away to those two wouldn't be a bad result imo.

A dominant performance. It was great to see Ederson back, albeit he could have stayed in Manchester & we'd probably still have won.

Feyenoord were poor in comparison & there was a huge gulf between us & them, however you still have to beat what's in front of you, so it that respect it's job very capably done.

Roll on Watford.

The best thing about Ederson is you don't notice he's playing until he does something fantastic. He seems to do the basics so well and I forgotten what it was like to not have my heart in my mouth every time the ball went in the box.

KDB is ridiculous right now not just offensively but pretty strong defensively too. I'd be interested in his tackling stats over the last two games.

If anything though the last two games shows what we can do WHEN we take our chances.

My major and only gripe with KDB last season was his passive nature, he'd often duck out of tackles and never asserted himself. Well Pep has got this lad fighting for everything now and he's just oozing confidence and determination now. Loving it.

I wonder what Pep will say because until we just decided to kill the game, things were a bit sloppy in midfield which he won't like, quite a few times Fernandinho tackled a City player who'd just won the ball back.
We started to lose a bit of concentration in the 2nd half (which is understandable but not a good habit to have) & the substitutions upset our rhythm a bit.

Against a tougher opponent I think our concentration levels would be better, but I also think we need to show a more determined mentality against the lesser teams too.

Little things like this shows that we're still a work in progress & have a long way to go. Having said that, we're progressing nicely which is the important metric.

It happens mate, we've been there ourselves. Hopefully the more you play top foreign opposition, the better you'll get.
Feyrod, thank you for your honesty.
I think that Mr. (or Mrs) Dribble must be a JCL to come out with his /her last comment.
I remember when we weren't even the top team in the old 3rd division!
We have had a lot of luck, tremendous determination and a clear plan to get where we are now.
Maybe your club will benefit similarly to us in the future, I think that you ,as proper fans, are worthy.

Jeez, Pep knows what he's doing in this competition. I really see last season as a missed opportunity, when we completely crumbled away at Monaco. Sterling's goal at Bournemouth might have been a turning point, can't wait to see where we go from here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.