Fiat Stilos

Richard

Was just wondering whether anyone has one or knows about them. Im still looking for a car and have seen one for £2000, a 03 plate, with 35,000 miles - plus its in a city blue. That all seems reasonable but reading a few reviews it seems like their quite unreliable and keep breaking down, has anyone had a experience with them?

Richard said:
Was just wondering whether anyone has one or knows about them. Im still looking for a car and have seen one for £2000, a 03 plate, with 35,000 miles - plus its in a city blue. That all seems reasonable but reading a few reviews it seems like their quite unreliable and keep breaking down, has anyone had a experience with them?

Richard, Fiats are woeful. Get a diesel golf like a recommended last week. They NEVER break down.

I've had two Fiats and I should have learned my lesson after the first. Biggest pile of rotting junk I have ever had the misfortune to own. The second one didn't rust like the first, it just broke down every other fucking week.
Stay away from Italian and French cars. If reliability is important, get a Jap car. I had a Nissan Sunny SR for 6 years, I did 80,000 miles in it and never serviced it once. It didn't even get an oil change, I think I topped the oil up a couple of times and that's it.
In all the time I had it, the only jobs it needed was new front pads, new brake pipes on the back and a front shocker. When I got rid a few years ago, it still drove like new.

Stay away from BMW 320d too, since April I've had a Steering angle sensor £350, 4 wheel alignment £300
fuel pressure relay £52,new Turbo, BMW paid parts I paid labour £600, new engine BMW paid parts I paid £1700
labour, new fuel pump £300, the engine that was only 3 weeks old failed when in BMW garage after having fuel pump fitted,
car is presently still at BMW having new engine fitted.

Richard said:

I borrowed a Fiat Stilo off a mate when I started my company a couple of years ago cause I was skint, it really was the biggest bag of shit i have ever driven i gave it him back after a couple of months cause i couldn’t bare it much more ! stay away from it mate !

USed to work in a car dealers and we had a load of new Stilo's deliver. The build quality on them was completely and utterly shocking. Bits falling off them all over and pretty much every one of them had somesort of electrical problem.

Stay well clear mate, utter utter shite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.