FIFA annual Club World Cup proposal

Haha gauntlet thrown well and truly down.

Remember when we took our pinch well the chairman saying that in years to come they will look at our business model as the way to go rather than thinking its wrong.

Well they refuse to do that so it seems we will have to change attitudes for them ;-)

Am I missing the point here?

This is basically a glorified Pre-season tournament?

Hardly going to replace the CL or anything is it?
It's FIFA challenging UEFAs TV dominance of the champions League. If done correctly a proper club world cup tournament could rival the international one for world wide ratings.

I'd love to see a competitive City v Boca final.

It's FIFA challenging UEFAs TV dominance of the champions League. If done correctly a proper club world cup tournament could rival the international one for world wide ratings.

I'd love to see a competitive City v Boca final.

Nah.

Not if happens as a preseason tournament.

The players won’t give a fuck and the standard will be wank.

City v Boca wouldn’t be competitive we’d absolutely banjo them.

All we’d here about is how poor our laid back fans are in comparison to a mob of nutters.

Out of interest I had a look at the FIFA council who voted 25-7 in favour of the new CWC with 24 teams.

Besides President Infantino
and 9 UEFA members
the remaining members are from:

Bahrain, Bangladesh, Philippines, Korea Republic, Japan, China PR
Madagascar, Egypt, Tunisia, Guinea, Burundi, Malawi, Congo DR
Canada, Panama, Turks and Caicos Islands, USA, Cuba
Paraguay, Colombia, Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina
Vanuatu, Fiji, New Zealand.

Democracy is a wonderful thing, but I wonder how Vanuatu is involved in the discussion.
I guess Infantino knows how to handle democracy perfectly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.