Fifa under 20's World Cup

g180aj

With this starting soon I thought we should have a thread going, rony lopes, kelechi, nwakali and I think divine naah all taking part.

Following players at the U20 World Cup:

Yaw Yeboah (Ghana)
Kelechi Iheanacho (Nigeria)
Chidi Nwakali (Nigeria)
Rony Lopes (Portugal)

g180aj said:
With this starting soon I thought we should have a thread going, rony lopes, kelechi, nwakali and I think divine naah all taking part.
Naah, he's not going - https://www.modernghana.com/sports/608560/2/rising-talent-divine-naah-remains-calm-on-shock-ex.html

Rising talent Divine Naah remains calm on SHOCK exclusion from Ghana U20 World Cup squad

Divine Naah has taken his shocking snub from the Ghana U20 provisional squad for the World Cup in his stride – choosing to rather focus on his development at NAC Breda.

The 18-year-old's name is inexplicably missing from the 35-man squad submitted to FIFA as Ghana's provisional squad for the upcoming tournament to be staged in New Zealand.

Naah is one of the current best players in his age category playing regular top flight football in the Dutch Eredivisie.

He was a member of the Black Satellites team during the qualifiers for the African Youth Championships before joining English side Manchester City on 2014.

Naah was not called up for the African Cup probably due to his club engagements at NAC Breda.

He had however expressed his eagerness to be with the team for the World Cup in New Zealand.

Coach Sellas Tetteh however overlooked the midfield gem in his provisional squad that includes 13 foreign-based players.

Naah however choses to rather focus on improving his form at NAC Breda than dwell on his exclusion from the Ghana U20 World Cup squad.

“Yes (being disappointed) but like I said before, I would have been honoured if I was called to join the team,” he told GHANAsoccernet.com.

“But then it didn't happen. This is football so we move on.

“Now I have to concentrate on my development here [at NAC Breda] and hope for the best in the future.”

Naah is on his second successive loan stint at NAC.

He played for Norwegian club Stromsgodset in another loan move since joining Man City last year.

Aguero won the u20 World Cup, so hopefully our scouts will look for the next big stars in this competition.

Atletico seems to find gems here. Kid for Argentina that scored today is on their team. Corerra I think it is.
Yes, it's Corerra. Probably new AGuero there? Argentine squads at u20 World Cup can really impress. Zaba was a captain and the most crucial player (after Messi) in the team that won it in 2005. Aguero at the age of 17 was a bench player then and 2 years later he won it as a top-goalscorer.

Yaw Yeboah (№17) started for Ghana in their match vs AUstria. The 2nd half has just started and the africans have performed quite poor yet

It seems like Ghana won't qualify to the play-off, so we're likely to see Yeboah with the 1st team during the pre-season

Upd: I was wrong, they managed to level. Yeboah earned a penalty kick after a rare run into the box and scored it himself with a brilliant shot

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.