FIFA Women's WC France 2019

To give the Aguero offside which was so marginal no Spurs player or fan was expecting VAR to come into it(not to mention he moved into an onside position upon receiving it thus gained no advantage). Then to claim a ball coming off the elbow and changing the final direction of the ball was too marginal or explain it away on a rule meant for defenders blocking shots on goal is double standards.

That Sterling goal never gets ruled out without VAR, so by the same token with VAR in place the only truly fair call is if the Lorrente goal never should have stood. For it to be fair it has be as simple as that. None of these ridiculous grey areas that never existed before VAR came in, it's supposed to get rid of them not create them.

The abomination of a system was supposed to be used for clear and obvious errors. Its now being used to analyse everything to death.

There were 5 Var decisions in the Spurs game
Townsend handball appeal
Kompany handball appeal
Aguero offside
Llorente handball appeal
Son goal (was ball over the line)
Which ones were incorrect
Llorente handball which decided the tie

The abomination of a system was supposed to be used for clear and obvious errors. Its now being used to analyse everything to death.
I think they will get VAR right eventually, I just think it's going to be a painful process to get there.

The fact that we had people defending Llorente's obvious handball goal on a technicality of how the old rules are written, only shows one thing. The rules need looking over and rewriting to be fit for purpose before we make the switch, they were never written with this technology in mind. Lay everything out, make sure the refs and linesmen know the rules properly, make teams aware of everything and be consistent with it.

I think they will get VAR right eventually, I just think it's going to be a painful process to get there.

The fact that we had people defending Llorente's obvious handball goal on a technicality of how the old rules are written, only shows one thing. The rules need looking over and rewriting to be fit for purpose before we make the switch, they were never written with this technology in mind. Lay everything out, make teams aware of everything and be consistent with it.

I guess to believe they will get VAR right eventually you have to believe they want to have a level playing field and have no bias towards the clubs that will generate the most TV income. Frankly from what I have seen and experienced over a very long time watching football, I simply don't believe it. Time will tell I suppose.

I guess to believe they will get VAR right eventually you have to believe they want to have a level playing field and have no bias towards the clubs that will generate the most TV income. Frankly from what I have seen and experienced over a very long time watching football, I simply don't believe it. Time will tell I suppose.
Once the players feel agreived durin a game they will appeal for var for everything , it will be stop start all game , the flow of the game will be lost , celebrating goals will be lost , why anyone who fell in love with the game could want these changes is baffling to me .

Hope Nick Cushing was taking note , ie Parris 2 (I know she's gone now) and Houghton 1 in penalty misses. You never know when City could end up in a penalty shoot out !

It's probably not just an England thing but I think we can say well done for once instead of calling them shite. The USA are the best team in women's international football, huge favourites to win the tournament now. No disgrace in losing that by one goal, could have taken it into extra time with a little more luck.
Or not taking a woefully shite penalty, not really luck. The marginal offside goal that can’t be determined definitively with the technology used could possibly be considered unlucky I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.