FIFA Women's WC France 2019

Or not taking a woefully shite penalty, not really luck. The marginal offside goal that can’t be determined definitively with the technology used could possibly be considered unlucky I suppose.
The margins were close enough for luck to come into it on both the offside and the fact that the contact came on the penalty decision at just the right time to ensure a probable tap in went through Whites legs.

Both good attacking moves from England, delay the run a split second and move to the ball a split second earlier respectively on those two chances and the outcomes could change.

Last edited:
Hope Nick Cushing was taking note , ie Parris 2 (I know she's gone now) and Houghton 1 in penalty misses. You never know when City could end up in a penalty shoot out !
Tbf, City were in a penalty shootout in the Continental Cup final against Arsenal a few months ago. Houghton scored and City won, so I think that's not a priority concern.

I think they will get VAR right eventually, I just think it's going to be a painful process to get there.

The fact that we had people defending Llorente's obvious handball goal on a technicality of how the old rules are written, only shows one thing. The rules need looking over and rewriting to be fit for purpose before we make the switch, they were never written with this technology in mind. Lay everything out, make sure the refs and linesmen know the rules properly, make teams aware of everything and be consistent with it.
Consistency will stop at the doors of the swamp and klanfield.

No clear and obvious on line calls.
Well its wrong then.

It actually prevents goals, the very essence of winning football matches, through poor technology, camera's are not quick enough when there's ball movement, and player movement, often in different directions and from different angles, so clear and obvious should be a "must".

Tbf, City were in a penalty shootout in the Continental Cup final against Arsenal a few months ago. Houghton scored and City won, so I think that's not a priority concern.
True mate and just watched the shoot out with Arsenal again with Janine Beakie scoring the winning one , and she was another that missed a penalty in this World Cup (for Canada).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.