FIFA Women's WC France 2019

Unless it's France, in which case it will be retaken.

again........and again.................and again...........and again............. VAR was hailed by some as the saviour of football - time consuming waste of time that allows the "right" team t win time after time. Despite what some think the rags and dippers will benefit this time - won't affect us as no pro-City decisions will go to VAR.

The new laws say that Goalkeepers must have at least one foot on line. Considering they've just been implemented you'd expect the officials to be extra stringent. They've already done exactly the same thing in the Jamaica/Italy game.

This, this, this and THIS. I fuckin hate VAR. Totally spoils the match going experience and is there to make sure certain decisions are made! Game's gone for me

It was a clear pen and a clear retake. VAR, for all the shite it conjures up, got it right. And the pen might not have been given in the first place, and I doubt very much that it would have been retaken. I would be more than a little miffed if that had been City and the pen would have been waved away!

It was a clear pen and a clear retake. VAR, for all the shite it conjures up, got it right. And the pen might not have been given in the first place, and I doubt very much that it would have been retaken. I would be more than a little miffed if that had been City and the pen would have been waved away!

This, this and this!!! Years of moaning about corrupt officials and all the other bollox.
They finally implement a system to eradicate a ref being ‘corrupt’ or not having a clue so has to guess on a decision and still some moan.

I only put it on just as it was being retaken. And I go mad at keepers that save pens two yards off their line. My point was general about VAR and how it has been implemented in champs league matches I’ve attended especially Schalke and spurs. Maybe that’s one for the VAR thread

This, this and this!!! Years of moaning about corrupt officials and all the other bollox.
They finally implement a system to eradicate a ref being ‘corrupt’ or not having a clue so has to guess on a decision and still some moan.

The question is will it be applied equally. Will all penalties be automatically reviewed if missed to check the keeper was on the line? If scored, will they all be reviewed to check there was no encroachment? Or only certain ones?

It might take the focus off the referee being corrupt but why should the VAR person be somehow potentially less corrupt. My personal view is that it will be used to favour certain outcomes.

I was in favour of it initially but over the last few months I have come to believe that it will do more harm than good. Not because of the system but because of its implementation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.