Filip Stevanovic

Its comical,he cant defend to save his life.....utterly bizarre thinking.

I'm not even sure what his strengths are or where he would be best deployed,he doesn't even stand out amongst his peers and yet he gets to be promoted to the first team.

That is where the Nationality thing might have legs.
Definitely, Im not sure about that hah and I love a good conspiracy. I don't think hes going to be round much longer, a sale with % clause like Suarez I think.

Sancho was always talented and perhaps would have always made it as good as he is now but he wasn't going to be in the first team every week at City no matter what. Giving him game time in the carabao etc like we did with Foden initially was never going to be enough imo. Dortmund was the best thing for him to do.
It’s the precedents though that sowed the seed with Sancho as much as trying to buy Sanchez and then getting Mahrez. Denayer, Barker etc. should all have been given minutes when they were in peak form/ verbally offered routes to the first team. It wouldn’t have derailed us to have included them in squads and brought these on when we were coasting in a game.

It does look like we’re seeing some of the young players break through, but even now we should have Delap on the bench because he is a centre forward and all ours are injured. Tonight’s youth match showed that his all round game isn’t quite there but he did what centre forwards do and kept running in the gaps and got his goal. That instinct is something other players that play in other positions don’t have. In his only appearances he scored in one game and hit the bar in the other. What more can he do?

Maybe in the end Delap won’t make it with us. But by using him when we need him and exposing him to first team football it moves the needle so we don’t sell for £1.5m like Adarabioyo but maybe for £10m, even allowing for how bad we are at negotiating sale fees. Then we don’t need to play the football stock market so much and can strategically invest in our first team (like buy a left back).

I think deals like this are good for us very cheap, might turn out to be special or sell on make a few million, whats not to like about either.

Fuckin hell we must have millions in the kitty for transfers,how much have we made on selling young players

Fuckin hell we must have millions in the kitty for transfers,how much have we made on selling young players

wasn’t the amount of players out on loan something the rags and dippers were trying to limit with their piss poor effort at reforming football. City and Chelsea make a healthy income from large youth systems and selling players on if they don’t meet the grade, another way they look to try stop us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.