Films that are actually worth watching in 3D?

mancity89

I've seen it in another thread about how the majority of films now are just 3D for the sake of it. Also with the release of star wars in 3D, which is a money spinner.

So can you think of any films that where actually worth paying the extra money to watch in 3d?

Many of the animated ones are very good, Despicable Me, Christmas Carol etc. Avatar and Tron Legacy are great examples of films using 3D properly, unfortunately many are post production and are crap Green Lantern and Clash of the Titans to name but a few. I saw Underworld yesterday and the 3D was pointless added nothing to the film and also as the film is very dark it struggles with 3D as the picture is also dark due to the process. I see it as a massive rip off at the cinema and generally if I have the choice I go and watch 2D unfortunately cinemas are forcing us to watch 3D as there was no 2D showing of Underworld :(

Pride_In_Battle said:
Avatar in Imax 3D was spectacular, far better than the regular 3D one. Actually added to the film, rather than just distracting you from how bad the film is like most other 3D films nowadays. One of very few films actually filmed for 3D, rather than just done in post-production

Agreed. The only film I've seen where I understood why they'd done it in 3D and I was happy to pay extra for it. Normally it just seems like a gimmicky con to get you to part with more cash and I feel ripped off cos it adds nothing to the film.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.