Films that are actually worth watching in 3D?

Avatar was the tits. Watching people try to grab the pollen that floated around was great. Although the technology does give you a headache as your brain cant seem to take in the fact that it is 3d.

On another note my dad said that Robin Hood (Kevin Costner one) was good when the arrow was shot at the screen and people shat themsleves (never sure if he meant literaly)
Shame the rest of the movie is complete pants

CTID Chris said:
Tron was awesome in imax 3D.

I so wish I'd seen this first time round in 3D. I watched on demand and it was much, much better than I was expecting, but my enjoyment was slightly diminished by the thought that it would have been mindblowing in 3D, especially the two female leads. The soundtrack was incredible too.

-- Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:48 pm --

pieface said:
Any one into bike racing the TT movie is worth watching 3D.

Mate, I'm not into bike racing and I thought it was incredible. It's not really about bikes imo, more about addiction and the triumph of the human spirit, if that doesn't sound a bit too worthy.

Avatar and Christmas Carol (2009 version) I enjoyed a lot in 3D.

But for the most part it's a gimmick, I watched the new Underworld in 3D last weekend and there seemed to be no unique effects except particles when she fired her weapon. Paid a few quid extra when it would have probably been better without the glasses as they seem to drain some of the colour.

Has anyone tried watching football in 3D yet? Have wondered what it's like...

LoveCity said:
Avatar and Christmas Carol (2009 version) I enjoyed a lot in 3D.

But for the most part it's a gimmick, I watched the new Underworld in 3D last weekend and there seemed to be no unique effects except particles when she fired her weapon. Paid a few quid extra when it would have probably been better without the glasses as they seem to drain some of the colour.

Has anyone tried watching football in 3D yet? Have wondered what it's like...
Football is good in 3D depending on the stadium and sighting of the cameras, the Emirates gives you some great shots however St James's Park isn't so good as the cameras tend to be higher up and don't give you the depth at the Emirates they are lower and this gives a better depth to the picture.

I have only seen one film in 3D, took my son to see The Lion King. I have nothing to compare it to but I thought it was reasonably impressive. Unfortunately I came out of the cinema with the mother of all headaches so I won't be watching any other 3D films.

Avatar, and nothing else. It didn't take James Cameron 10 years to come up with the idea for nothing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.