Films that were acclaimed that are actually rubbish

I loved Withnail and I, so many great quotes.

La la land is a disgrace. This review is one of the best summaries of that movie I've ever read.
I quite liked La La Land, but then I watched it before it got all the Oscar nominations, so I wasn't expecting anything.

Just seen they are making a ferris beullers spin off.

Why? The first one, though lauded at the time when rewatched is pretty shite and the title charactor one who you would take pleasure in punching in the head for being a little ****

Last edited:
Well we have had every other wanky subject during lockdown so why not this.

What films were critically acclaimed or won awards that are actually a pile of old shite in your opinion.

Remember got to be award winners not any old film you just like or don't othrwise we will get every bag of shite listed

Fo me

The Deer Hunter - 3 hrs of self indulgent wank

Forrest gump - fuck off

Gone withe wind - a racist load of shite then and now

American beauty - for mid life crisis wierdos

Titanic - somebody please drown me

Off you go with yours
American Beauty is brilliant.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

I know some people will think that I need burning at the stake but I just didn't think it was that funny, much preferred the Burbs with Tom Hanks/

Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

I know some people will think that I need burning at the stake but I just didn't think it was that funny, much preferred the Burbs with Tom Hanks/

John Highes was lauded as a visioanry and great film maker, but really most of his films are awful.

P, T & A is one of his better tbf because of the leads on top of their game, but it's typical 80s mush hardly a midnight run

All best film oscar winners:

1. Kramer vs Kramer 1979
2. Terms of Endearment 1983
3. Out of Africa 1985
4. The last Emperor 1987
5. Driving Miss Daisy 1989
6. Dances with Wolves 1990
7. Titanic 1997
8. Million dollar baby 2004
9. Slumdog millionaire 2009
10. The Artist 2011

Not saying they lack artistic merit but as engaging films you want to watch, they sucked.

Airplane - not funny
Hot Shots - not even mildly amusing
Forrest Gump - nothing really happens
No country for old men - nothing happens at all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.